Chapter one: Love, lies and a little bit of truth

The Seven Deadly Sans by Topsyturvy10
Chapter one: Love, lies and a little bit of truth.

A/N: Before I start, I just want to say a few things. First, seven deadly sans is MY AU. If you find something that says otherwise, please let me know. It's a relatively small AU, at least it is now, and it's bound to be a common idea. Second, this is my AU, meaning these are my headcanons. If there's something you disagree with, then I won’t change it. IF, for some reason, I got something wrong that's either canon or confirmed by the creator of the AU (excluding swapfell sans’s outfit, I am aware he wears purple, but I like blue and red better. I'm sorry if that offends people, it's just a stylistic choice) then I will change it. Third, if the story and the AU becomes popular enough, I’ll do a Q and A. Also, regarding that, some things will deviate from canon. Papyrus in this story does not have red magic- only Wrath does. Edge/Pride has golden magic, Baby blue has blue magic, and so on and so forth. If that bothers you, again, don't read this fic or anything to do with the AU.
Ok, with that being said, ON WITH THE STORY!

“COME ON, YOU LAZYBONES, GET UP! WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW, AND I'VE BEEN TASKED WITH WAKING YOU UP! IT'S NOT IDEAL- BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THIS WASN’T MY IDEA- BUT YOU NEED TO GET UP!”

Mornin world. I'm Papyrus, but, uh, call me Stretch. Please. So I just got up, woken by the delightful Edgelord, and I am totally ready to start the day. Not. I don't want to wake up, but here I am. And of course it had to be Pride that woke me up. No. I couldn't have had Baby Blue wake me up, or maybe even Wrath. It's not like I don't like Edge. I do, it's just... Ugh. Whatever. I'm goin’ back to sleep. Stars knows I can sleep through anything and everything if I put my mind to it.

“BLAH BLAH BLAH WAKE UP BLAH BLAH BLAH WRATH IS NOT GOING TO BE IMPRESSED-”

WAIT, WHAT?

“HE'S ASKED ME TO WAKE YOU UP. EVIDENTLY I'VE DONE A GOOD JOB OF IT. I MEAN, NATURALLY I WOULD BE THE BEST AT IT, I'M THE BEST AT EVERYTHING.”
Here he goes again. Ah well, I'll appease him for now. He's cute when he's happy. And mad. And excited...

“yep, you're the best, dude. Nobody’s as good as you. Not me, not Wrath, not anyone.” He freezes as I say that. Nice one, Papyrus.
“WAIT, REALLY?” Oh man, he’s so cute. Keep it together dude, keep it together.

“yeah, you're saying it all the time.” I give him my signature grin, and he blushes, albeit faintly. “and, ya know, I think I'm ready to get up. Well done dude, gettin me outta bed is an achievement and a half. Come on, Wrath is probably waitin’ for us.” I pick him up and carry him outside, but hold him so he can't see my blush. Stars, how does Red tag around with him all day? He's so gorgeous.
“ARE YOU PUTTING ME DOWN OR NOT?” He startles me, and I almost drop him from the shock.

“Sleepin’ beauty finally awakens, huh? Heeeey, honeeeyyyy.” Red drags my name out and it gives me shivers. “ya puttin’ the Boss down or no? I mean, keep him, by all means. I don't want ‘im.”
Edge pushes himself out of my arms. He's so warm. Holy smokes. “WE ALL LIVE IN THE SAME BUILDING, YOU IMBECILE. I'LL BE STUCK WITH YOU NO MATTER WHAT.” I shrug. He isn't wrong.
“Say, I thought there were eight skeletons here, not three,” I muse out loud. “Where's everybody else?”

Without missing a beat, Red answers my question. “Wrath is makin sure we got everything, last time I saw Baby Blue and Berry they was arguin’ about who’s thing is what, and Slim is in his room doing I-don’t-wanna-know-what.”
I count on my fingers. That's only.... seven. I open my mouth to ask about it, but Edge beats me to it.
“What about Papyrus?” He asks quietly. Dude, I love his quiet voice. Wait, shit, Papyrus, yeah. Last time we didn't know where he was things got ugly.

“Uhh.... shit.” Red disappears with a *pop* and a flash of red magic, and returns moments later, visibly calmer. “He's in his room. Asleep. Who kept ‘im up last night? I know it weren't Wrath or Slim, they were up all night, and Baby blue was asleep at 8. I was doin’.... other stuff, and I know Boss was asleep before midnight. Berry I didn't see, but I know he clocks out early and needs lotsa sleep... weird.”