Mulbury Manor

I quivered in the dining room, observing the perfectly place bodies of Sir Geoffrey and Madam Alice. After shutting the wards out of sight from the late couple, I stood still and quietly thought to myself about the situation at hand.

The wards were made up of Demetrius, Adele, Agnes, John, Gordon, and Olympia. The only other people left in the mansion are Caroline, the mansion maid, Lewis, the mansion butler, and Verona, the daughter of the two late homeowners.

"Doris!" One of the wards called "Can I come in yet?"

"Go to bed!" I yelled.

The small pitter-patter of footprints rang through the halls. I starred blankly at the pale remains of Geoffrey and Alice.

'There's only three people it could be . . . Caroline, Verona, or Lewis . . . Well, let's start with the butler. Lewis, you're going down . . .'

Brushing back a strand of raven hair, I left the room, heading towards Geoffrey's study.

I entered the room and spoke "Did you do it?"

"Pardon my manners, but why have you interrupted my thoughts?" Louis grumbled.

"You killed them, didn't you?"

"Killed? What died? Was it one of your blasted wards? If so, I hope it was Agnes . . ."

"No, you pathetic excuse of a butler! I'm referring to Geoffrey and Alice!"

"I have no idea what you're referring to."

"They're dead!" I spat.

"Oh my, you're serious, aren't you?" Louis quivered.

"Why would I ask you if I was fooling around?"

"My oh my what has she done this time . . ." Louis trailed off.

"Who?" I asked.

"Doris! Hid!" A voice rang.

"Caroline?" I wondered.

Caroline ran towards Louis and I in a panic.

"What's going on, Caroline?" I asked.

"She's doing it again . . . She's gone off the edge!"

"Who?" I asked.

"Me!" A voice yelled.

Verona stood a few feet away from the door frame to the study. Her thin exterior reflected her pulsing veins. In that moment, we all were on the same page. Verona killed her parents.

Pulling out a pistol, her hand shook as it aimed towards us.

"Verona, set the gun down. Let's talk this through, dear." Louis explained.

"Damn you all!" Verona yelled.

BANG!

In the blink of an eye, Louis was on the floor.

BANG!

Caroline had been shot, but sulked in her current position.