Chapter 1- Mckayleighs P.O.V

I wake up to the smell of cigarette smoke once again and groan, sitting up in my bed and pulling off the covers. Despite claiming my mother is poor, I can still afford an iPhone rose gold 6S and pull it off my nightstand and scroll through some social media. I eventually put my phone down as my mother pushes open my door and storms into my room, heading for my closet. I frown with my prefect protagonist face and stretch, standing up as I do so. I pull my ombré brown hair into a sleek ponytail somehow without brushing it and walk up to my mom who has pulled out my floral suitcases and started packing clothes into them.
"Mom, what are you doing?" I ask in my miraculously clear voice, standing with my hands on my hips.
My mom glances at me and takes her cigarette out of her mouth, puffing out the smoke she had in her mouth
"Packing your stuff before they get here." She says
I give her a strange look and ask, "before who gets here?"
My mom stops packing and takes a long draw from her cig before turning to face me,
"I sold you." She replies, sounding bored.
I look even more confused as she goes on.
"You know that my cigarette addiction means more to me than you but I can't afford both so I sold you to some group of boys online. They will be here soon so am I packing for you or are you gonna do it?" She questions.
I laugh nervously and say,"you're kidding me right? That's illegal! You can't do this!"
I knew something like this would happen... My mom got back into cigarettes after the incident where my dad died and she stopped caring about anything but the cigs. I never knew my dad because I was only a baby when he died. I do know he was the family's income and now my mom lives off odd jobs and hardly provides for me, but the money for selling me would've let her "relax" I suppose.
Tears start to well in my stunning blue/green eyes and roll onto my tanned, clear face and onto my artsy clothes that there is no way I could afford if we weren't the protagonist family.
"Mom... Why? Dad wouldn't have wanted this" I cry, grabbing her arm.
She jerks away from me and shoots me a glare and sneers as she exits, "Dad didn't care about you, so neither will I."
I'm left in my room, sobbing alone.
*~END OF CHAPTER ONE~*