Unspoken Of

Slowly walking down the grand hall always felt like walking on the path to hell. All of the newest members got to sit in the very front. Or, had to sit in the front. The great hall was constructed of pure white marble. Pillars lined the walls, all perfectly spaced. Glass windows tinted wondrous colors glowed in whatever light made its way inside. Of course, you could only see the windows when the royal purple drapes were pulled back. On two sides of the hall were hundreds upon hundreds of creamy wooden chairs, and in the middle of the isle normally lay a soft yellow carpet. On the arched ceiling, golden banners with the AOTU symbol on them hung elegantly. The main sight however, was the tall royal throne adorned in diamonds and flowing streams of pure silk and see-through fabrics. There, the queen would sit. 

You'd think even being able to get a glimpse at such a beautiful place would be a blessing, but it isn't if you have to walk past people who hate you every time a gathering was held. It's easy to hear the whispers and murmurs of the people you pass. The giggles and snarky comments of the younger ones, the quiet and subtle sound of disapproval emitting from the more experienced and grown up ones, and even being tripped every couple of isles.

Gatherings started becoming more and more often, for everyone. Normally, gatherings were only held once a month to talk about growing numbers, conflicts, and things like that. Once a year, they'd also hold a party to celebrate everything accomplished over the twelve months. I've never been to any of those before. I was recruited a few days after a gathering was held. Now, they're only held to talk about the whereabouts of the Queen. She had disappeared, supposedly on a mission that was only supposed to last a few days. She never returned. Some say that she's dead, some say that she decided to stay in a better world. Some even say that she was unable to return. Outside of the hall, she is unspoken of, and only mourned or thought about.

Dede Parham, the Queens closest and most trusted companion, was left to get up to speak and address the crowd. She looked tired and weak, probably exhausted from the search of her beloved friend. Dede says that the Queen doesn't like the be called a 'Queen', and that she would want to be addressed as a leader. But people call her the queen anyway. The Queen is supposed to be very young, but wise and an ambitious fighter. I've never seen her before. I try to imagine what she would look like, but I'm unable to. No one is willing to tell me what she looked like, or how old she was.

This particular gathering was short, mainly because someone in the S.C broke down wailing after it was announced that one of the queens capes had been found with traces of blood. The S.C is one of the tons and tons of groups in the AOTU. It isn't based on rank, but more of where your personality and skills will make you the most useful and happy. The queen is in the S.C, Even though she doesn't have to be. From anything that I've heard, the queen doesn't act like a queen at all...

I waited patiently for other members to clear out, always wanting to be the last one to leave. Once mostly everyone was gone, I stood up and started making my way towards one of the exits. Suddenly, a voice rang out behind me. It was shaky, though familiar. I turned around to see Dede and another girl staring at me.

Dede was a short and curvy African American. She had curly thick brown hair which had recently been cut short. She was very beautiful, it was true, but the sparkle of life was absent in her eyes. The girl next to her was very tall, pale, and slim. Her hair was a white-yellow with electric yellow-green stripes dyed into her hair. She had hazel eyes, though her hair made them appear more gold.

Dede cleared her throat and began speaking. "You are (Y/N), aren't you? One of the new members?"

I nodded.

The other girl then started to speak. "I'm Zadia. Z-a-dah. I'm a member of the S.C. You have no group yet, right?"

I nodded again. I heard that it would usually take a while for new members to be placed into their groups, and that the Queen would announce who went where. But without a queen, more and more new members were without a group.

Zadia continued speaking. "We've already talked to most of the other newbies and temporarily placed them in groups and gave them mentors. All of them but you. Most of the groups are full, but ours..." Her voice trailed off before coming back firmly. "And we need as many people as we can to look for our Queen. So, you'll be in the S.C. You'll find out who your mentor is soon."

Dede looked at me and smiled weakly. "Welcome to the S.C, (Y/N). You have lots waiting for you."