The Farewell Address of our Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S)

Prophet MUHAMMAD (S.A.W.S) delivered his farewell speech at 'Arafat' before about 120,000 of his followers. This speech is one of the most memorable speeches in the history of Islam and mankind. It is called khutbatul-Wadaa' (the Farewell Address) because in it he imparted to his followers final advice and instructions.

[A.n- Guys I am having goosebumps and I am going to cry😭😭😭I know this whole speech will be for our benefit, for us everything. Ya Allah, ALHAMDULILLAH for making me from the Ummah of Prophet (S.A.W.S), let's hold unto his words and follow every word of this sermon firmly In shaa Allah. May Allah SWT guide us all to the straight path, Aameen Summa Aameen.]

The Prophet (S.A.W.S) delivered his speech sitting on his camel and his followers listened intently to every word of it. After praising and thanking Allah SWT, the Prophet (S.A.W.S) said:

"O people! Listen to my words carefully, for I know not whether I will meet you again on such an occasion."

"O people! Just as you regard this month (Dhul Hijjah), this day (Yaumul Arafah), this city (Makkah) as sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Remember that you will indeed appear before Allah SWT, and will be questioned for all your deeds and actions."

"Return the things kept with you as a trust (amanah) to their rightful owners. All dues of riba (usury and interest) stand cancelled and you will have only your capital back; Allah SWT has forbidden riba and I cancel the riba payable to my uncle 'Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib."

"O people! Your wives have certain rights over you and you have certain rights over them. Treat them well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers."

"Beware of Shaytan, he is eager to divert you from the worship of Allah SWT, so beware of him in matters of your religion."

"O people! Listen carefully! All believers are brothers. You are not allowed to take anything belonging to other Muslims unless they give it to you willingly."

"O people! None is superior than the other unless he is superior in obedience to Allah SWT. No Arab is superior to a non-Arab except in piety."

"O people! Reflect on my words. I leave behind two things, the Qur'an and my Sunnah, and if you follow these, you will not fail."

"Listen to me carefully, worship Allah SWT and offer Salah, observe Siyam in the month of Ramadan and give Zakah."

"O people, be mindful of those who work under you. Feed and clothe them as you feed and clothe yourselves."

"O people, no Prophet or Messenger will come after me and no new faith will emerge."

"Let those who hear me pass on my words to others and those to others again."

"Have I conveyed the message of Allah SWT to you, O people?" asked the Prophet (S.A.W.S) looking toward the heaven. The audience in one voice replied, "Yes, you have."

The Prophet (S.A.W.S) then invoked Allah SWT to witness, saying three times: "O Allah, witness this."

As the Prophet (S.A.W.S) finished his speech the following revelation came to him from Allah SWT:
Surah Maidah chapter 5 verse 3 of the Noble Qur'an:
.. الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا ۚ ...
"Today I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as the religion."