Farewells

All the role holders were present at the tower (excluding the kings of Heart and Diamond).

The reason for their presence: the foreigner was about to leave their lives.

"Are you sure about this, Alice?"

Waist length brown hair fluttered ever so slowly as she nodded. Her teal green eyes sadly looked at each of them. Nimble fingers played with the hem of her blue Lolita dress. "I'm sure. I can't just run away from my responsibilities."

She looked at the blue eyes of the man with long dark blue hair. His hands were alternately playing with his clock-earring and clock-necktie. He had hastily put the black coat over the yellow vest.

"Julius. Stop overworking yourself. It's not healthy. You might end up getting sick one day." he only nodded at her, blue eyes shifting to look at the wall. "I know. I'll take care. I promise."

Satisfied with his answer, she turned to the man beside him. He had short silver hair reaching just below his chin. His lone silver eye looked at her with ill hidden sadness. A gold and black eye patch covered his right eye.

He had carelessly thrown a black coat over the frilly white dress shirt, before arriving. Alice caught sight of the familiar violet handkerchief in his breast pocket.

"Nightmare... I'll be blunt. You have to focus more on work. You only get as much work as you do because you're important. Okay?" she explained to him.

The man just pouted at her before nodding his head. Her teal eyes then trailed over to the blue haired man with a lizard tattoo. Said man's gold-yellow eyes looked at her with hope. The man wore a black jacket over a dark gray suit.

"Gray, if he still won't work... You can take him to the hospital." the look of hope turned into one of gratitude while Nightmare promptly choked.

Her gaze then focused on a woman with mid-back length red hair. "Sarah, try not to scare people so much, alright?" purple fox ears perked up at this.

The woman sighed, right hand resting on the blue star-shaped pendant situated on her blue shirt.

"Please, Sarah...?"

Sarah's blue eyes shone with understanding as she nodded. Alice gave her a smile before turning her attention to the two men behind Sarah.

They were twins wearing deep blue suits and white gloves. "Humpty." the one with red hair stopped playing with his axe to look at her. His blue eyes locked with hers.

"Dumpty." the purple haired man's yellow eyes met hers. "Take care of Sarah, okay?" they both smiled at her and saluted.

Alice looked at the duo beside Dumpty.

They, too, were twins.

Both wore an eyepatch over their left eyes. They also wore black vests over gray shirts.

She looked to the one wearing a black jester's hat. His right hand was absentmindedly playing with strands of red hair while his single red eye seemed to take an interest in the ceiling.

"White, please don't take pleasure in others' misfortunes. I don't think it'll help you." The redhead nodded as he sighed softly. "As you wish, Miss Alice." she gave him a grateful smile before she faced his twin, whose left hand clutched tightly onto the black police cap.

"Black, don't be so rude. At least tone it down a bit." The man scowled at her, arms crossing over his chest. He mumbled a quiet 'whatever'. She gave him a stern look before moving her attention to a pair of teary-eyed twin children.