Welcome

I woke up.

 Scared. 

Everyone and everything in my life looks like it now is in shambles, at least I think. 

"Mom? Dad?", I yell while walking down the hallway in my home. I look into each of the rooms, just wondering and asking myself what it would be like to be to have a normal life. 

"Yes, honey?", my mom looks at me as if she had just been hit with a brick and then woke up with a concussion.

 But wait, doesn't that end in death.....? 

"Hey mom, I was wondering where the Goldfish are?", I said while smiling because I know she had believed that my life was in danger and I was not going to be alive in the next few minutes or less...seconds. 

My mom just smiled and shooed me away because she had possibly already known that I knew where they were, but in fact, I didn't because that is why I hoppled myself over and asked my mother. 

I walk into the kitchen to find my older brother eating on the breakfast bar. He slowly looked up at me and smirk. He has that smirk that every girl dies for, you know, the one that screams, "I'm known for complete trouble."  

I went into the pantry by the sink and grab the Pringles from the top shelf, hoping that the Goldfish was behind it and all of the sudden something had made a loud clanking noise on the ground. I bent down and picked it up hoping it was good, such as money. It appears to be in a cylinder can which is quite similar to the Pringles can and then I look inside and find a paper folded up. The paper is yellow and seems to be very worn and torn; honestly it looks like it had been through a roller-coaster of troubles. 

Dear John, 

-I know you don't want to know anything that is going on in my life but I wanted to let you know that I love you and I still care for you with all of my heart. I know that you have a family of your own but I just want you back in my life. 

Love, Ava 

As you would most likely realize, John is my father and this Ava girl seems to be an ex-girlfriend that seems to not be able to get over him. She honestly sounds hopeless and desperate but of course that is not none of my business. I am although having constant beatings in my head telling me that I want to figure out more of this story. 

So far, my dad has not been at home as often and he always gives the point of overtime at work. 

Is that really the reason or is it just a welcome into a secret that I am going to go through to find out the truth and nothing but the truth.