Cersei Lannister - "I love you, that's my reason"

The palms of your hands were sweating while you knocked on the door of her study room. You had not interfered with the meeting she had had with the King in the North and the Dragon Queen. After all, you had promised to stay as far away from politics as possible. You were supposed to be her distraction, her safe haven, her short moment of happiness in a world filled with war and constant threats.

"Don't ask." Cersei shook her head. Her lips were forming a straight line and she stood up from her chair to fill one glass with wine and one with water. "There is no need for you to be concerned about this meeting and it's outcome." She placed the wine in front of you and while she sat down on the edge of the table she took a few sips from her own drink.

"I have promised you not to discuss politics with you, my Queen." You bent your head slightly to avoid her glance. You had never been on the receiving end of Cersei's anger before, but you were not interested in there being a first time for everything right now. "I keep my promises and stay true to my word."

Cersei rolled her eyes. "Words, promises..." Cersei took a deep breath while she stood up and started to walk back and forth through the room. "I can't hear it anymore." She raised her eyebrows. "Even my own twin brother thought that I would truly keep my promise to send our troops to the North to help them defeat the white walkers." She looked up at you and her piercing glance met yours. "He run away. It's just me, my future child and you. Unless you will betray me too?" Her voice sounded harsh and bitter and the pain, even though she wouldn't admit it, was clearly visible in her eyes.

"I won't leave you, my Queen." You shook your head and reached for her hands. Your fingers rubbed her knuckles and slowly you moved your hands up, higher and higher, until you reached her elbows. "Why would I even consider leaving you? You are beautiful, intelligent, wise." You paused for a moment and your hands caressed her upper arms. "There's no one I would rather follow into battle." You softened your voice and you cocked your head while your hands touched her shoulders before you allowed your fingers to trail her collar.

"Everyone seems to have his or her reasons to betray me." She closed her eyes and placed her hands on your shoulders. "What is your reason for staying with me? What is your reason for choosing a queen who breaks her word over the honest and loyal king in the north and the mother of dragons who is willing to promise a truce to defeat a threat that was nothing but a myth until today?"

You paused for a moment, your hands now covering her cleavage. "I love you, that's my reason." You leaned in and your lips kissed the corner of her mouth, her chin, her neck. "I know that you are not perfect, even though you come close to the very definition of it. I know that even you make mistakes sometimes, but I still love you and I don't think I'll ever stop loving you."