Killer Conference

"Ronnie, we need to leave," Hermoine Lodge's voice came up the stairs.

"Coming, Mom," said Veronica as she made her way down the stairs. "I don't see why we have to go to a meeting held by a corrupt businessman."

"Your father just came out of prison and as the two other shareholders we need to show the board that we stand behind him."

Veronica didn't respond and they made their way to Lodge Industries in silence. The building was a huge metal structure that was built on robbing people. Ronnie wanted no part of it but, she loved her father and her heiress life very much. She did not want to lose him to prison and she most definitely did not want him to end up back in prison. So if there was a way to fix things, she was going to find it.

When Hermonie and her daughter entered the conference room, they saw Hiram Lodge and two of the board members seated around the table. Hiram got up to kiss them both on their cheeks.

"We should get started," Hiram said. As if in response to his statement. A drop of red landed on the table. Everyone looked up to see a rather large figure being dropped on the table. Hermonie let out a shriek and jumped back. Ronnie and the rest of the businessmen couldn't hold back their gasps and had to look away from the bloody, disfigured body.

Three hours later, the police had identified the corpse as Mathew Carson, one of the board members not present at the meeting. They believed the stab wound on the right side of the chest had been the fatal injury. Puncturing the lung and effectively drowning Mr. Carson in his own blood. They had the theory that Mr. Carson was stabbed on the floor before his corpse had been moved up. The corpse had been sent to the morgue for further investigation. The police had arrested Hiram as a suspect as after questioning they had found out that Mr. Carson had been strongly against Hiram continuing to hold his position as CEO and had been rather vocal in his opinion. The rest of the board members and buisness associates though scriptic had not made a public spectacle of their opinion. Hiram Lodge's whereabouts of the night before where also unknown.

"He didn't do it, Archie," Veronica said later while she sat in Pop's with Archie, Juggy and Betty.

"But, you have to agree he has a motive and no alibi for all of last night," Archie whispered.

"This is my Dad we are talking about. I know he is corrupt and he may threaten people but, he wouldn't kill someone. Or at least, he would cover his tracks and have someone else do the killing for him. I know my Dad and he wouldn't be obvious about it," Ronnie argued.

"Guess you never really know someone or what they are capable of," Jughead said under his breath.

"You realise you're saying he is capable of murder and the only reason you think he didn't do it is that it's obvious he did it. Now I am confusing myself," Archie responded.

"Guys, if Veronica thinks that her Dad didn't do it then, I believe her. We should find out. If Hiram Lodge didn't do it then, the real killer is out there somewhere. Who knows when he will strike next," Betty pitched in. "Remember Juggy when your Dad was framed for Jason's murder. The police thought he did it but, we proved them wrong. Maybe, we will prove them wrong this time, too."

"Or we will prove them right," Jughead grumbled, unconvinced.

"Either way, we will know and Ronnie can get the closer she needs. We are her friends. We owe this much to her. Plus, it's the right thing."

"Alright. I am in."

"Me too," Archie said.

"You guys are great friends." Veronica beamed at them.