Introduction

Casey slid across the ice is hockey stick firm in his grasp and his eyes laid directly on the puck.

A sharp pain crushed his side as he saw his old time friend, Nick Nieli try and take the glory of game.

 Casey scowled, "Were on the same team Nick!"

"I hadn't noticed!" He growled back.

 "Take it home Jones!" The coach shouted at his best player.

 Trying his hardest with his own team fighting against him, his brown eyes glanced at the clock fifteen seconds left and they were still behind.

 'HONK!'

The horn blew signaling the end of the game, and sadly the loss of the Vikings.

Casey slammed his helmet on the ice, he looked up at the disappointed faces in the crowd but one caught his eye, April O'Neil, his beautiful red headed girlfriend.

 "Good game," She slid out onto the ice to greet him.

 "We lost Red, I hate loosing," He clenched his jaw, "Now they get to go to the finals and it's all my fault."

 "Casey, you have a whole team who are also responsible, it's not just you."

 "Well they'd like to think so," He sulked.

 April balled up her fist and punched Casey in the gut.

 "Owe, why are you hitting me?" He smirked.

 "Cause it's more fun then watching you stress, get out of your head," April smiled, "Have a good time."

 "Sounds like a plan," Casey pulled her in close and kissed her gently just for April to hit him again.

 "Owe," He grinned and wrapped his arm around her, "Let me go change and we'll go get a pizza, sound good?"

 "Sure," April blushed slightly.

 Casey and April walked into Mr. Murakami, a lot of friendly faces from school were there.

 "April!" A girl with black and red hair raced up to her, "Hey cuz, what's up?" She then turned to Casey, "Man Casey you fudged up that game, didn't ya?

 "Shut up Lisa," Casey pulled away.

 "Touchy touchy," Lisa rolled her eyes, "Well me and Chloe are heading off, we have to meet up with her brother," Lisa gestured to her young friend.

 Just then the lights completely shut down, darkness encompassed the surrounding area, shouts of horror and humor filled the ears of all.

 Casey pulled up to his house, he had already dropped off April and saw his father, Chief Police Arnold Jones, loading up his car.

 "Dad," Casey put his bike up, "Did you see the game?"

 "Every bit of it," He nodded, "I'm proud of you, you did the best you could. There lucky to have you."

 "Where you going?" Casey asked as his father stepped into his police car.

 "Black out duty," He nodded, "Watch after your sister for me?" He gestured to the little girl on the porch.

 "Sure," Casey slung his bag over his shoulder as he watched his dad drive off, "Angel," He turned to the little girl, "Bed time."

 She glared and stormed off without saying one word.

 Both kids walked inside and Casey sat down at the dinner table, "Thirsty?" He held up a coke.

 Angel shook her head but then began to rummage through the fridge.

 "Come on Angel, were on a black out," Casey slammed the fridge door shut.

 "Don't you have to check the perimeter or something?" She grabbed some milk.

 "Very funny," Casey shook his head, "I'm going to take my shower, you better be in bed when I get out."

 "Yes sir," She rolled her eyes and stormed up stairs.

 After his shower Casey laid on his bed, he held up his phone and sent April a quick text: Goodnight Red, love ya. Turning off his phone, Casey closed his eyes and went to sleep.