Melody of The Moon

Exhaling deeply Melissa McCall shook her head, she felt as giddy as a high school girl on her first date. Putting the last touches to her hair the doorbell rang...again, "Scott for the love of God, please!" She called out to her son who was starring at the door vacantly, "Aren't you going to invite him in?" She shifted back to the bathroom and splashed a little more make-up onto her face. Being as perfect as she could get she then began her frantic search for her purse, "Just a second, sorry!" Melissa's heart hit her stomach as the sour memories or her ex-husband, Matthew, waiting on her. He always had a crude demeanor about him and was drunk every night, but she was the only one who had ever paid the price for his mistakes.

'I'm late, Matt is going to kill me!' Melissa thought as she looked down at the mess she was in.

'Crack!'

Melissa's head smashed the kitchen counter, trying to regain her focus as she toppled onto the floor she looked up and saw a monster...her husband. Melissa new better then to stand there and take the hit but what else could she do? Blood trickled from her mouth and nose, her hands and feet trembled as she glared at the worst mistake in her life. He screamed in her ear and backhanded her. Melissa, dazed and confused, saw her four year old son standing in the hallway watching his mother get beaten. Tears raced down her face, not from the excruciating pain but from the pain of seeing her own son watching her being treated like a dog but worse yet she knew he was next.

All those memories left as soon as they came, she walked up to the doorway and Peter flashed her his friendly smile which melted away all her fears. Apologizing once again, Peter and Melissa locked arms. His gentleman like behavior and sweet persona put a smile on her face.

"Mom!" Scott cried out quite frantically.

"Yes sweetheart?" She starred at her son caringly but slightly annoyed.

Mumbling forlornly, Scott met her gaze, "Have a good time."

Feeling quite touched by his protective instincts, Melissa simply nodded with a twinkle in her eyes.

Peter escorted her to his car, opened the door and closed it gently but just as she settled in he was already buckled up and read to go. Peter was quick, agile and very graceful for his age which slightly startled Melissa.

Butterflies twirled and danced in her stomach as the night began, Peter shifted the car into drive as they steered into the night.

Hypnotized by his charm, every time he looked at her she felt like she was floating which in the end left her glowing. Peter seemed as if he was from a whole other planet, a different dimension even. She had never met anyone like him, and more likely never again.

Snapping her from her thoughts, Melissa watched quietly as the exit for the restaurant passed. From her experience men hated being corrected, frantically she began trying to think of ways to tell Peter.

"Everything alright?" His soothing voice startled her.

"Yes," Melissa bit her lip, "Except I think we maybe missed out turn for the restaurant."

"Well I'll pull over and maybe you can map it on your phone," He simply nodded and pulled the car over.

Melissa went straight to work, as she began pressing buttons she felt Peter's eyes starring down at her. Looking up she met his sadistic gaze, she could see his desire for her as if he hungered for her, growing slightly embarrassed a giggle escaped Melissa's lips, "What?"

"I was just noticing you have the most perfect skin, it's flawless."

A storm of mixed emotions tore through her body and soul, "That's a new one on me," Melissa welcomed compliments but nothing more.