Save The Last Dance For Me

(( A/N- Hey Guys, I just wanted to say that Sirius, Remus and Tonks never died but this is after everything that happened with the war. Flashback will be in Bold and Italics. I hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.))

I was making dinner with the radio playing in the background as Sirius was reading the daily prophet waiting for Remus, Tonks, and Teddy to arrive so we can tell them some big news. I turned the music up a little bit more, as the song made me smile to myself. I heard Sirius move and soon wrap his arms around my waist as we thought back together.

"You can dance
Every dance with the guy
Who gave you the eye
Let him hold you tight.
You can smile
Every smile for the man
Who held your hand
'Neath the pale moonlight"

I looked in the mirror not feeling so sure about the Yule Ball tonight. It's my last year in Hogwarts and I skipped last year so it's now or never they say. I walked down to the Great Hall to meet up with Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs. I smiled to myself when the boys were laughing and fooling around like normal. "Boys, not causing trouble already are we?" I asked shaking my head slightly. "Us? Causing trouble? Never Y/N!" Padfoot said pulling me into a hug. I followed them knowing Wormtail was my actual date but I didn't want to actually be with him tonight. Wormtail asked me to dance and pulled me to my feet but before I could walk away Padfoot grabbed my hand and put a piece of paper in my hand without anybody realizing. I looked at it quickly as I was getting pulled onto the dance floor. "Save the last dance for me? Xx -Sirius" I smiled as I read it and hid it as Wormtail started dancing with me.

"But don't forget who's taking you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin'
Save the last dance for me, mmm.
Oh I know
That the music is fine
Like sparkling wine
Go and have your fun."

After what felt like hours, I slipped away to get a drink when I saw a couple of Slytherins come my way, I tried to walk the other way hoping they wouldn't see me. "Hey! Y/N! Why are you running you little freak?" One of them asked, I didn't know their names. The one with dark brown hair caught my arm and brought me close to him. "Why don't you dance with me?" He asked. I spat in his face and hoped it would free me, but instead I got pushed hard onto the ground. The leader of the group drew out his wand. "You'll pay for that mudblood." He said getting ready to hex me but was stopped. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size you fool!" I turned around and saw Sirius standing there mad as can be.

"Laugh and sing
But while we're apart
Don't give your heart
To anyone.
But don't forget who's taking you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin'
Save the last dance for me, mmm"

Sirius walked over to me and moved me behind him, so he was blocking me from danger. Soon Remus and James joined seeing what was going on. I grabbed the back of Sirius' jacket moving closer to him, James and Remus went after the Slytherins with Wormtail following. Sirius turns to me and pulled me into a hug, "Your safe now, I promise." I hid my face in his chest and hugged him back tightly. "Thank you so much Padfoot." He led me back into the Great Hall and looked at me holding out his hand. I looked up at him curiously and he smiled softly. "Did you save the last dance for me darling?" He asked me with hope in his eyes. "Of course I did, I could never say no to you." I smiled as he pulled me close and started to sway to the music. We danced until we couldn't dance no more, he brought me back up to my room making sure I was safe and kissed me goodnight.

"Oh I know
That the music is fine
Like sparkling wine
Go and have your fun.
Laugh and sing
But while we're apart
Don't give your heart
To anyone"

Sirius and I got pulled out of my thoughts when we heard the oven go off. "That night was a great night." He said kissing the back of my neck. "It was at the end, but I had to dance with Peter and I hurt my wrist when I was pushed." I said giggling slightly. "At least your knight and shining armor came to save the day." I smiled and nodded as I got the food out of the oven and put it on the kitchen table. As soon as I sat the food down Sirius pulled me to face him and smirked when it caught me off guard making me gasp. We stared into each other's eyes and soon our lips connected in a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms went around my waist. We got lost into the kiss and we didn't hear them use Floo Powder. "There is a kid here now you know?" Remus asked laughed slightly. I pulled away and laughed shaking my head. "Thanks Moony, way to ruin the mood." Sirius kissed my forehead and laughed. "Hey you knew we were coming, wait did you guys have the flashback again?" Tonks asked knowing about what happened that night. I nodded and walked over picking up Teddy, I smiled as I held him and gave him a couple kisses on the forehead.

"But don't forget who's taking you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin'
Save the last dance for me, mmm.
Baby don't you know I love you so?
Can't you feel it when we touch?
I will never, never let you go
I love you oh so much"

Sirius smiled at me and set the table ready for us to sit down. I sat Teddy down in a chair we got for him when he comes over, then make him a little plate. "It smells delicious and looks even better but why did you guys want us to come over so quickly." Remus asked smirking looking at Sirius. "We wanted to get together and hang out." I said smiling, "You are a horrible lier Y/N." Tonks said smiling. "Okay so we do got some news." Sirius said with a smile plastered on his face. "Well what is it man?" Remus asked putting down his fork.

"You can dance
Go and carry on
Till the night is gone
And it's time to go.
If he asks
If you're all alone
Can he take you home
You must tell him no"

I got up and grabbed a box from the bookshelf and handed it to both of them. Tonks opened it and pulled out a picture that says 'Will you be my godparents?' with a sonogram. Remus looked up shocked and got up and hugged Sirius tightly as Tonks came over and hugged me congratulating us. "Who knew this would all start by me getting Sirius to actually give you the note he wrote that night." Remus said pulling me into a hug. "Best note I've ever received." I said smiling happily. "Best decision I've ever made." Sirius said walking over and kissing me once more before going back to eating all together. I smiled to myself thinking how much I love my family right here, right now.

"Cause don't forget who's taking you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin'
Save the last dance for me.
'Cause don't forget who's taking you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin'
Save the last dance for me, mmm.
Save the last dance for me."

The End!