I Won't Say I'm in Love (Cole Sprouse x Reader)

200 Writing Prompts: "Could you maybe do 50 and idk if you could maybe do it as a Cole Sprouse imagine thingy but if not Jughead is cool too 💓"

Listen To: "Somebody to You", The Vamps

"Cole! Stop! Our interview is in ten minutes!" You whined as your co-star held your much-needed hairbrush far above your arm's reach, documenting the ordeal on his Snapchat.

"Today on Cole in the Wilderness we are documenting the (Y/N) in her natural habitat. She must reach far in the trees to find her hairbrush, which is necessary for life. Will this abnormally short (Y/N) succeed, or fall prey to others? Find out next!" Cole joked in a mock Australian accent.

Stepping back and taking a deep, I-will-not-kill-my-coworker-today breath, you grinned and began to tickle his sides.

"Hey! Whoa!" Cole flinched and moved to hold the hairbrush behind his back, requiring that you reach around his torso to get it.

He chuckled as you did so, wrapping his arms around you. "Aw, you love me!"

KJ, who had been fixing up his hair nearby, turned to see the commotion, rolled his eyes, and looked away. You glared daggers at Cole, snatching the hairbrush away and turning to hide your growing blush.

It was no secret to the rest of the cast that you were crushing hard on Cole. Since you played the character who rivaled Betty Cooper for Jughead's affections, you and Cole had your share of on-screen moments. That coupled with his playfulness behind the scenes made things... complicated.

No matter how flirtatious or close you and Cole acted, he never let onto his feelings for you, if any. He never looked twice your way when you wore a beautiful dress or batted an eye towards rumors of you dating other celebrities. Maybe he really only saw you as a friend, after all.

"So, Cole," the interviewer continued, after having grilled most of the cast for details on spoilers, interpretations of their characters, and other general gossip. "Anything new in your love life?" The reporter waggled his eyebrows cheekily, thrusting the microphone closer.

Cole tugged on his collar, swallowing nervously. He'd stayed tight-lipped on any sort of romantic interaction since he and his long-term girlfriend had broken up in 2015. "No, there's no one."

You hoped that the camera didn't capture the way your face fell at his statement. You felt like an idiot, always hoping that Cole was secretly in love with you and imagining crazy scenarios of your life together when he confessed. Maybe some dreams were only meant to be dreams.

The interviewer shrugged, moving on to interview you. Most press knew nowadays that when it came to love, Cole was a closed book. "How about you, (Y/N)? Seeing anyone new?"

A plan began to formulate in your mind. This was your chance to see if Cole really cared if you were single or not. After this, you would give up for good.

"Actually, I've been meaning to say this..." Your co-stars grinned, staring expectantly at Cole. "KJ! I think we'd make such a cute couple."

Everyone gasped, including KJ, who looked between you and Cole confusedly. You gave him a pointed look. It took a second, but KJ soon nodded in understanding and stared back at you "lovingly".

"Whoa! What brought this on?" The reporter asked, confused as well. He had been waiting to break the Cole/(Y/N) story for months now and this was completely out of left field.

KJ laughed. "I guess (Y/N) just wants a man who isn't afraid to speak his mind," he said with a wink.

Cole's face had been expressionless through the entire ordeal, but once the interviewer had called it quits he stormed off the set.

"You'd better go see what's on his mind," KJ said. He didn't like to lie and manipulate people, but he understood how long you had been waiting for Cole to confess his feelings. He did what he had to do.

"Cole wait!" You ran after Cole into his dressing room.

"When were you going to tell me about this?" Cole asked, expression unreadable. "About you and KJ?"

"Why do you care?" You retorted, getting angry yourself.

"I don't know, I guess I thought two of my closest friends would let me in on their secret relationship." He turned away from you, unable to meet your eyes.

"Well maybe I was tired of being your friend!" You shouted, the loudest you ever have.

Cole turned back to you, the color draining from his face. "What?"

You fought back tears, trying to maintain your last dredge of dignity. "Ever since we met to work on this show, Cole, I have been trying, and failing, to get you to notice me." You moved towards the door. "I'm tired of trying. Maybe it's best that after my run on this show we stop talking."

"(Y/N)! Wait!" Cole grabbed your hand, and you froze, turning back to him. Tears were forming in his eyes too.

"I'm sorry," he started. "It's just, after me and Bree..." he paused, sighing. "I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to lose you. Truth is, I've been noticing you since the day I met you, and trying not to."

He stepped towards you. "All of that is still true. I don't want to hurt you, and I don't want to lose you. That's why I'm going to do this."

Leaning in, he softly and hesitantly touched his lips to yours. It was unlike any kiss your characters have had in the show; it was scared and warm and loving and real.

"Wow," you said, a smile growing on your face.

"Now that just leaves the situation with you, me, and KJ," Cole said with an overwhelmed sigh.

"About that..." You took your future boyfriend's hand and smiled mischievously, about to tell a long story that could get you in quite a bit of trouble.