JANUARY 17th

JANUARY 17th

Kai looked at her friends who were currently asleep in the makeshift house they were in. Six. That's how many of them were left. That's how many survived there long journey here. They were currently located in Los Angeles, California. Never in a million years did Kai expect anything like this to happen. She tried to figure out how something this drastic would actually happen. She never expected to find friends as loyal as the ones asleep next to her. As she looked over the five people in the room she smiled but then frowned and looked outside to see the abandoned buildings and broken down cars and some buildings that looked like they are hanging on by a thread. She couldn't look anymore or she'd see the thousands of dead bodies covering the ground like a blanket. There was blood everywhere and everywhere she looked it looked like a battle had taken place. She finally had enough and looked away and back to the five who were still sleeping and flashes of the other girls and boys who'd died on the journey to Los Angeles. They had started in New York just roughly about 2800 miles away from Los Angeles. It was a very long and treacherous journey but they'd made it and survived everything that came their way. It made Kai smile even if these five people in the room sleeping were all she had left at least she wasn't alone. She'd looked back outside and thought back to what was the start of this whole epidemic.