Chapter 1: The Coffee Runaway

I think people complain too much.

It's always a choice of how you look at life.

Sure life can be stressful and tough sometimes, I had my share of burnt breadcrumbs but - Sorry where are my manners. I'm Alesa, Alesa Toast and this cozy pantry is my home. Nothing like Gordon Ramsay's or those hoomans who uses those pots and pans to and eat out of. But with its bohemian and vintage atmosphere and stained wooden drawers, I wouldn't trade anything for this to be my home.

I work at this cafe in the top drawer.Hoomans are quite blind to not notice it. As I entered through the tattered chopstick door I greeted my bosses: Cream and Oats. And once I was out of their sight-

"Cream, don't put so many petals near the entrance, we aren't the florist!" reprimanded Oats whilst he was sweeping. 

"What do you know about decorations!"Cream snapped back,"Don't let me reach my Double Cream mode like you did yesterday." she threatened.

-that whole episode happen. But they are the wonderfully weird couple that gave me the best first job in the world. I tied my maroon apron around my waist and began setting up the toothpick chairs and the tablecloths ripped from a recipe book.Then started dusting the pieces of equipment. 

"Toast, don't work so hard, it's Prince Coffee's birthday- a national holiday and you are still working your crust away,"Oats said to me.

"But holidays are when people come to cafes,"I answered, quickly going back to work.

"You are such a good girl.Employees like you are as rare as finding a double yolk."Cream complimented."Make sure to get a day off soon some day."

"I'm a good girl, can I get a day off?" pleaded Soy Bean.

"No, I am the good girl." argued her brother: Ice

"Both of you guys get back to work or your grain supply will be cut." Cream threatened while signaling a cut throat motion.

Those are my seniors and best friends, Ice and Soy Bean.

"Soy Bean, do you put petals under or on the table?" asked Ice with legitimate confusion.

Soy Bean whacked the feather duster on his slippery head at the pure stupidity of the question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------