The Hearts We Take, The Ice We Break (Jughead x Reader)

"Can you do a Jughead imagine where the reader and jug breakup and the gang take his side, and in loneliness she tries to kill herself ( like what Cheryl does in the finale ) and jughead saves her?" –Anonymous

Warnings: Implied sexual abuse, suicide ideation, and suicide attempt.

Listen To: "All I Want", Kodaline

You were the perfect girl, to the outsider's eye. A River Vixen, a good student, a good friend, a beautiful girl. You didn't have the vindictiveness of Cheryl, or the reputation of Veronica, or even the pretentiousness of Betty. You laughed at the right times, smiled just enough, and never showed up to school with smudged eyeliner or a hair out of place.

When you'd moved to Riverdale High, everyone had their eyes on you. When you suddenly asked Jughead Jones III, the boy who sat next to you in English class, to go to Pop's with you, everyone was shocked. Including him.

Jughead quickly learned that there was more to you than meets the eye. You immediately delved into talking to him about deep philosophical topics, complicated film theories, and general snarking about the surrounding town. Combined with your beautiful appearance and kind nature, he was enthralled. He almost unconsciously uttered an invitation to go steady with him. You immediately said yes.

You'd been dating for a few months now. You were over the moon with happiness. Every day, you'd walk into school clinging to your boyfriend's arm. You'd plant a kiss on his cheek before every class, and take pictures with him every chance you got. Your Instagram was plastered with selfies of the two of you, filled with comments of "#couplegoals" from classmates from your old school, more times than you could count.

While you were elated, Jughead felt differently. He could feel the eyes of everyone in the school following his back. Ever since his suspected involvement in Jason's murder and his huge fight with Betty one year ago, he knew everyone thought he was a freak. Coupled with his newfound relationship to the new town sweetheart, he'd made you into a target, too.

It started out with whispered comments in the hallway, which you brushed off. "They're just jealous of you, Juggie," you said with a smile.

Then, things got physical.

"You need to step away from that Southside trash. I'll show you what a real man is like, (Y/N)," Reggie said, cornering you in the empty locker room. You tried to run, but he grabbed your arms and shoved you against a locker, mashing his lips into your hungrily.

"Jughead!" You screamed. You knew Jughead waited for you every day after cheer practice to walk you home. Reggie plastered one hand over your mouth, another creeping up your skirt.

The door swung open, Jughead standing in the doorway.

Wordlessly, with a look that could kill, Jughead pulled Reggie off of you and punched his lights out. Being a star football player, it merely earned Reggie a reprimand from the coach, while Jughead earned slew of detentions.