Trouble in Paradise?

To my horrid dismay, I had been given the misfortune of being stuck with Marlene as a herbology partner for the rest of the year. Does Merlin hate me? Did I do something to piss him off? I got to class early, sitting on my stool and stared off into the distance, wondering how I was going to get through the class without strangling McKinnon.

"Oh, you're here" the voice of hell snorted, strutting her way over. I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue from whipping out a distasteful comment. I never understood why she hated me... and it was something I was going to find out eventually.

"So, you and Black seem to be getting on well, is it a... no pun intended... serious thing?" I decided to be the bigger person and make small talk to try and make this partner bollocks easier. Raising an eyebrows, she looked me up and down, confused by the looks of it as of why I asked

"Uhh, kind of... why does that matter?" She folded her arms, a sea of students now entering the greenhouse

"Just making small talk?" I held my hand up in defence. Holy moly this was awkward and I can see it just getting worse and worse.

----//----

I got the transfiguration class, meeting Sirius like he asked me too. It was almost dark outside and I'm almost sure that the nights going to end in a bloody detention again. I looked down at my watch, frowning at his late absence. He's never late when we meet up, usually he's earlier than I.

I let out a garish and distraught wail at the sound of a door slamming in front of me. With his shoulders moving frantically up and down, his breathing uneven and heat radiating off him, it was undeniably clear that he was angry.

"Fucking cow, what is the matter with her!" He barked, stomping over to me, pinching the bridge of his nose

"Everything o-"

"Marlene is a real pain in my ass at times! Come cuddle me! Study with me! Oh my god, why did you look at her! Hold my hand I'm cold!" He mimicked her high pitched voice. I tried not to laugh so I slapped my hand over my lips to contain myself. He stopped and looked at me, still out of breath. I looked at him with my doe like eyes, my hands still covering my mouth. The angry lines and frown on his face faded and a grin grew, followed by his angelic laugh.

"Sorry, Green" he hung his head, rubbing the back of his head

"Trouble in paradise?" I let my hands rest in my lap, my legs gently swinging in between the desk.

"Something like that...Now, I have a fun little adventure for us!" He rubbed his hands together, ducking his head down, wiggling his playful eyebrows. I shook my head, pushing him away.

"Come on Maxamillion! Where's your sense of fun!" He pulled me up from the desk and shook me, trying to get me to hype up.

"She's in bed... with everyone!" I groaned, pouting at him. I didn't understand us sometimes. Here we were, two people standing alone in an empty classroom, close together, holding hands... if anyone were to come in now, they'd think we were having a late night fling. He pulled out that stupid wad of paper out of his pocket again and put it in my hands.

"What's this rubbish?" I waved it around, putting it back in his hands

"This, my dear, is our master piece. I solemnly swear I am up to no good" he pointed his wand at the parchment, Ink spreading everywhere and bringing it alive! Woah! My eyes widened as my fingers trailing along, following the patterns

"It's a.."

"It's a map. Remus created it, the with input of us 3 of course. I've confiscated it from James. All he uses it for is stalking Lily fucking Evans" Sirius laughed, unfolding it and pointing around to the little footsteps, finding ours on the map. I took it from him and started running around the classroom, amused by my feet following along on the map. Sirius burst into a round of laughter, looking at me like I was mad!

"Alright, alright! You get the gist! Give" he held his hand out like a grumpy dad. With a childish giggle, I returned it, flashing an innocent grin.
"Don't give me those doe like eyes.... my weakness!" He playfully teased, laying the map flat on the desk.

"Our mission, for this evening, is to retrieve something from the shrieking shack! It is vital that we get it!" His mischievousness was in the spot light. It was like I was meeting him for the first time again.

"The shrieking shack... are you actually insane" my eyes grew to the size of Jupiter. I would go through any weather to get some place, would climb great height and crawl in stupid place and yet here I was... scared of a legendary building.... a place they all warned us not to go

"Very!" He winked, turning back to the map, clearly finding the path we needed to take.

"But... what about the werewolf?" I bit my lip, suddenly getting worked up and nervous. With his back facing me he turned rigid and tight.

"I beg your pardon!?" He muttered, looking at me over his shoulder, tension swirling around him. What's all that about?...

"The werewolf! You can hear howls from time to time! At least that's what I've heard!" I stuttered, I was liking this idea less and less. Can't I just go to bed?

"It's an old wise tale love, I've been in there many times!" He rolled his eyes

"Love!? Since when do you call me love"

"Since now. It suits! Would you rather I call you Doll Face?" He grinned, his eyes glinting with hilarity

I frantically shook my head, scurrying over to join him at the table to look. This was going to be interesting... ?