I could smack you!

"Okay. So the one eye witch route will take us to the Honeydukes cellar but if we take a sharp left at the lantern half way down the tunnel, it will take us to the shack. Ready?" He whispered, keeping us up against a wall, concealing us very well in the dark. We could hear the harsh wheeze of Filch as he dragged his heavy feet across the marble slabbed floor. I took a small intake of breath, pushing Sirius back against the wall as he went to move. We were close, a little too close perhaps but it saved our butts from getting caught. Once I was sure he was gone, I stood straight and away from the muscly adolescent.

"Now now Green, I am a taken man!" He chuckled quietly. Yeah yeah don't rub it in....

"Let's go already" I mumbled, thankful that the dark covered what felt like a blush. That's a first!
After what felt like a hell of a task finding the statue, we got down through the passage way and it then suddenly occurred to me; I'm terrified of the dark. My legs began to lock up, my back stiffened and I felt cold. Sirius held the flamed torch as we went through the tunnel, walking along ahead of me, not realising that I had stopped. The cave like area got darker and darker with each step he took away from me.

"Waaait!" I almost wailed, fear coursing through every ounce of me.
He ran back to me, confusion and panic written on him.

"Max? What's wrong?" He lifted the torch up to see my face, frowning when he saw how ridged I probably looked.

"I don't do well in the dark." I stuttered, feeling smaller and smaller. He reached behind me and pulled out my wand

"Lumos Maxima" he muttered, lighting up my wand and carefully placing it back in my hand. "That's better! You okay now?" He lifted my chin gently to get me to make eye contact... he really was a sweet guy when he wanted to be. I bit my lip and nodded, relaxing a little and following very closely behind.

After encountering a lot of bugs, an enchanted skeleton (which almost made me pee myself) and mud, a latch was found to the shack. Push it open with as much force, we got the heavy door up and open, my eyes bestowing on the sight I feared to tread. It was an eerie place, the walls would sway slowly side to side as the wind would guide it like a puppet. The creaking of the wood mimicked the sound of an old pirate ship, sat at the docks and feeling the force of the wind against it.

Sirius was already up the stairs in the time that I stood there, worried half to death. Please let there be no wolf... I ran after him, grabbing his hand and stopping us from moving any further. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and guided us into an old room, which resembled one of a bedroom. My breath hitched at the sight of the walls. Scratches and teeth marks. I didn't trust this one bit. The bed in the corner was broken naturally and made in a bed sheet of dust and mud. A grim sight to see. Next to it however was a piano. Old and worn out of course, but still an elegant instrument.

"Now it's around here somewhere..." I could heard Sirius mumbling as I drew closer and closer to the piano. I sat hesitantly on the chair, anxious that it was going to break. After a second of waiting, I felt fine and lifted the lid of the piano. I learnt how to play as child, especially since my father taught me. I used to enter competitions before I found out I was coming to Hogwarts. I was curious to touch the keys and see if the piano was in tune. It probably wasn't but I was still curious none the same. Thinking back to what I played in my last competition I pressed my finger ever so lightly, my memory taking me through the notes. To my surprise the piano was only slightly twangy and echoed across the swaying room. I played I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi, a beautiful classic piece. I smiled as my fingers led the way, my subconscious replaying the song for the first time in 7 years. I caught glimpse of Sirius standing in the centre of the room dumbfounded and in awe. I stopped playing half waythrough, feeling shy and over looked for too long.

"Sorry.. couldn't help myself." I cleared my throat, getting up from the piano and striding the length of the room to where Sirius was once looking. He didn't say a word, instead he carried on looking around the room, a small smirk etched permanently on his lips and snuck glances at the piano every now and then.

"FOUND IT!" He erupted suddenly like a volcano ready to blow, his arm waving around a roll of parchment.

"What is it? Treasure map?" I tilted my head, my eyes narrowing in on the roll in his giant hand.

"No. My homework" He cleared his throat casually. His homework. His sodding HOMEWORK.

"Are you having a laugh! You dragged me on an 'adventure' for your sodding homework! I could smack you!" I shrieked, pushing him around. He laughed the whole time, no ounce of guilt in his face.

"Ugh! You're so cute when you're mad!" he squealed, still laughing. I huffed away, back to the passage door, wanting nothing more than to go to bed. I made it half way down the passage, my wand lit so bright to stop me from freezing up again. A hand caught mine, gently pulling back and turning me to face the idiot explorer. "What" I frowned.

"Back there.... when did you learn to play? It sounded.. uh..." He looked lost for words, almost as if his brain had turned to mush or his breath was taken away.

"My dad. I used to compete in competitions. The last time I entered I was my 11th Birthday and I received my letter for Hogwarts on the same day. I fainted out of shock. Cost me the final." I shrugged, smiling at the memory. I smiled thinking of my dad. He nodded, taking me in for a hug. Sirius could be a prick and really annoying most of the time but when it came to my dad for some reason he turned into this compassionate person. He was the type of man a woman would love to confide in. I'm glad he came up that day and spoke to me.. It was comforting have male company once in a while.

We walked together through the passage, quietly talking until we reached the statue and climbed back into the castle. What a shitty little adventure he took me on but it felt good touching a piano again. It's got me thinking...