Book of Clarity

So, while I continue to struggle with end-of-high school stuff, I have decided to start this little clarity log, in the hopes of better explaining what this Council of Sages fic is in the first place. 

It all started with a question. How can deities like Dialga and Arceus be captured by humans using human technology? Seriously, think about it. I know the anime talks about multiple legends, but we're throwing all that out the window and focusing solely on the games. It would be catastrophic to the very fabric of the universe if even one person could control such a powerful deity like Palkia or Kyogre. Minor legends like Cobalion and Moltres don't really count, mind you, only major ones. 

Wouldn't the legend refuse to be caught due to its role in balance in the universe? It should, because they're not stupid. However, multiple NPCs in the games refer to your encounter with said mascot as "warming up to you" or even, in Pokémon Black/White, as "Choosing you as their hero." The latter is what intrigues me the most. A legendary Pokémon...choosing a human to defend it? Then what about Groudon and the others? This is where my story begins. 

Each (major) Legend, in ancient times, had a certain bloodline of humans, called their Sage, to defend and work alongside them in battle and peace. This was the time of Pokémon Conquest, if anyone ever played that game. However, after the plot ends, I added the fact that the kingdom broke apart, as well as the landmass. Arceus, knowing that humans would continue to strive for total power over him, ordered each major Legend to bless these bloodlines with the ability to defend them from future evil. Over the centuries, however, as human technology advanced, these bloodlines vanished into obscure legend. 

Now, in the modern day, these bloodlines are reappearing as people like Team Magma and Galactic target Legendary Pokémon. This is the Council of Sages: the story of this rediscovery, the story of a new era, different threats. The world is in much bigger peril than the games make it out to be, and this story attempts to explain why. It goes into much greater detail on the true nature of the deities of these regions, and I hope you have the diligence to find the true story. It takes a while to realize itself, I realize. However, this is probably the grandest pokemon fanfiction out there. I hope you can give it a chance. 

Of course, the fic mostly revolves around a sub-plot that exists behind the main plots of the gmes.  As such, it won't really come up in Transcendence for a while.  We'll get there, though.  I promise!  ;)

I will update this every now and again with explanations of specific aspects of the saga, since a lot of them get really complicated. Until then, read on, my friends! This is a story of high stakes and epic proportions. This is the Council of Sages.