Not About Angels, Birdy ~ Nyo!Rochu

We know full well there's just time,
So is it wrong to toss this line?

Ever since the two had gotten together, Chun-Yan had become even more worried than before she first found out she even had cancer. The last thing she wanted to do was to die on Anya, and that's what was probably going to happen, because only recently had she been put on the donor list for new organs, but at least her breasts had already been removed, although that didn't do much good now.

As the Chinese lied in her hospital bed, who they let her use her own sheets from home, as the staff did that for more serious patients, if requested, Anya sat next to her in a chair, holding her hand. "Are you sure you really want to be my girlfriend? What happens if I leave you?" Chun-Yan asked for the third time in a span of twenty minutes, Anya replying with the same thing each time.

"I don't care if there are dangers to it, I don't care if there's heartbreak. I want you to be mine for now," she would say, smiling softly, more tears welling up in both of their eyes each time the same question and answer was asked and responded to.

If your heart was full of love,
Could you give it up?

The once brunette-haired girl looked away, to the wall in front of her bed, with the various pieces of artwork with one or two traditional Chinese symbols meaning something powerful, each made by a different one of her siblings. They were all very well crafted pieces of work, each obviously made with much effort.

"I mean it, Chun-Yan," Anya stated, desperately wanting to break the silence that was way too quiet for a huge hospital with people at every turn you take. The Russian lightly squeezed her girlfriend's hand, causing Chun-Yan to slowly turn her head back towards Anya.

"I know you do, but..." She blinked away the tears that were threatening to spill out of her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm scared for us, and my family, and your family, because when I die, they'll all have to see you sad, and, and, and..." Chun-yan started to breathe heavily, getting to the point where Anya had to lean over and hug her to calm her down, soothingly quieting her down.

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

"Don't say that, lyublyu, there's no absolute guarantee that you'll die," Anya said, suddenly slightly stern. She looked at Chun-Yan, her eyebrows furrowed with worry, her bottom lip sticking out by the smallest amount, a clear indication that she was deeply upset.

"Then what am I supposed to do?" She sighed weakly pointing at her one of her Chinese symbol paintings, the one made by her brother, Liu. "Hope? I've kind of run out of that by now, Anya."

Anya nodded, closing her eyes. "Yes, but you can never run out of angels," she smiling softly, reopening her eyes. "That's something I know as a fact. And you, out of all people, should definitely know that."

Don't give me up,
Don't give me up

The corner's of Chun-Yan's mouth perked up in the slightest, her eyes creasing at the corners, what her eyes always did when she was happy. "I guess I should know that, huh?" She nodded, thinking about who her angels would be. "I do have a lot of them now that I think about it..."

"Could you tell me all of your angels?"

"Well, of course, there's you... Sakura, Lee Ji, Liu, Lahn, Wang, Ling..." She nodded, thinking about all seven of her angels.

"And those angels won't ever leave, won't ever give you up, won't-- no, can't ever hate you. Even if we're not here in person, we're there. We're your angels, so we can't leave.