Destinations

From her shadow, she looked like a model. The outline of her body sketched almost perfectly into the floor of the train, I say almost perfectly as her very distinct figure was constantly blurred by the passing trees, which covered her shadow and caused darkness on the train.

That being said it only lasted for a few seconds until the sun was hitting her back once again. She was now five minutes into her journey, her destination unknown. By now She'd pulled her golden blonde hair into a tight Ponytail, leaving a few strands down to masquerade her face. The beating of her music was ricocheting down her eardrum as she turns her volume up one notch higher.

Blocking out the sounds of the usual 12pm train;

The man sitting across from her eating a bag of prawn cocktail crisps, as he'd do everyday, his mouth open too. She'd often wonder where he'd be going. His clothes was most definitely not ironed and he was almost greasy looking, where ever his destination was it certainly didn't have high standards.

Then there was the screaming children, and the poor mother who must of felt like strangling them, yet she never uttered a word. It left the blonde wondering whether the husband had authority over these children.

And finally, the teen who sat at the back of the carriage on her phone, you'd never see her face as her fringe  was always blocking her out from the rest of the world. However, her exsistance wasn't forgetting, due to the constant beeping of her phone.

So back to Jennifer. Jennifer's the blonde girl, I failed to mention. Where was we? Ah yes, she'd tied her hair up, put in her headphones and was now starring at her shadow. It was now she noticed the shadow that had appeared beside her, in fact the person behind the shadow had been standing there for quite a while and was still waiting for Jennifer's reply.

'Sorry, can I help you?'

She withdraws her earphone.

'I.. I was w..w..wondering if I could sit..sit here?'

It was as simple as that, the geeky looking guy with the small stutter simply wanted to sit down beside Jennifer. She nodded without a second hesitation and placed her earphone back into it's rightful place.

She turned back to the shadows in which now, obviously there was two. In the shadow, he looked like a  deviously handsome man but when she glanced to her side, she saw a boy with slicked black hair almost greased, thick rimmed glasses and a brief case. She almost laughed to herself about how misconceiving shadows could be and then she noticed she'd reached her stop. She smiled at the young man once more before exiting the train and not looking back.

Once reaching the end of the street, Jennifer checked no-one was watching her and slipped down the side alley in which her bug was waiting.

'Hello girl.'

Smiling she tapped the bonnet of the car, noticing it had frozen overnight she unlocks the car and climbs into the back seat. She knew there was nothing she could do about the ice, the heating wasn't working and she had no hot water. So she grabbed her blanket and the pillow and made herself comfortable. If comfortable looks like both legs resting on the head of the passenger seat chair. And her body twisted rather uncomfortably to fit her elbow on the windows ledge. But still, she was used to it now. She pulled the newspaper out from her bag, she'd swiped it before at a stand outside primark. She flicked to the back as she did everyday.

Job seeking.

Nothing.

Again.

She sighed, closing the newspaper and throwing it to the floor.

'One of these days.'

She'd never really had any success in the job industry. Sure she could successful get a job, it was keeping it that was the challenge. She was very vocal, maybe a little too vocal in her previous job as a barmaid. Apparently telling a customer to 'stick it where the sun doesn't shine' was inappropriate. The job before, cleaning, she found repulsive and quit. And well, the one before was actually not her fault. It was her dream job, but things got in the way.

As they always do. Well in Jens case anyway.

Now, she was sitting on a box just outside the car. She'd put her beanie on and was drinking a can of cider. It was really cheap cider from Aldi, not that she'd paid for it, but it was good. The kind of good that gets you drunk. And that's all she needed it for.

Once she'd finished the can, she threw it to the side of her watching it land in the pile of many other cans. It was in this moment she thought about her past, she regretted doing it instantly and focused back onto the cans. It was now she saw a flyer sticking out from beneath them, which within seconds was in her hands. Curiousity.

Roommate needed!!!

Roommate? She thought...

It was that thought that now, 3 hours later had her sitting in a small corner cafe waiting to meet her hopefully new roommate. She'd used a communal shower and she'd even brushed her hair. Not only that, with the little money she had left, she purchased a new outfit. Nothing major just a pair of black jeans and a plain grey top, sunglass on her head and a necklace just to pull of that she hadn't been living in her car.

The shop owner had also made her buy a coffee in order to stay in the shop. So now she was nursing a black coffee between her frozen stiff hands.
She'd become very irritant in waiting for her new roommate to arrive as the bell above the shop door, well did the job it was suppose too. It rang again as she looked up to see the geeky guy from this morning.

'Jennifer?'

He called upon entering the room in which a few noisy costumers looked at him. She sat for a few moments wanting to pretend that wasn't her name,
I don't want to be roommates with him..
She thought before;

'That's me.'

It was then he recognised her and within moments he was sitting across from her.

'So you wanna be my roomate?'

'Well... you see... I do, it's just I'm-'

'-If you're worried about the whole boy, girl gender sharing thing-'

'No, it's not that...you see... I'

'Colin by the way, I sense something big you're going to tell me, feel like you should know my name first.'

She laughs.

'Well Colin, you see I can't really afford to pay rent right now... But I will when I get a job and-'

'That's ok.'

'That's ok?'

'Yeah, no rush'

They both exchange as smile before Colin adjusts his glasses, Jennifer then remembers her observations from the train this morning.

'-Thought you had a stutter?'

'Only when I'm nervous'

he smirks.

'right. Sorry-'

She goes a little red.

'So do you wanna be my roomate?'

'Roommate... sounds good.'