I'm Stuck - 2

Annabelle's POV

I am seriously freaking out right now. My family is gone, my home is gone and a strange vampire is taking me away from the only place I have ever known. Or at least the only place I remember. Who is this man, and if he didn't want me for himself, why didn't he just leave me there? 

I'm terrified that this strangely calm vampire is going to take me to the auctions. I shudder, thinking what could happen to me if I got put in there. There is no more respect for shifters. Vampires or the fallen angels could do anything they want to me, and there would be no one to stop them, no one to run to. Witches take in werewolves and shifters for manual labour, or I guess in my case I already had some witches, and they treat us a lot better than vampires, even if they still hit us.

Tears start silently streaming down my face. The car turns off the highway and I peak a glance out the tinted windows of his sleek black car. This man must be very well off for a car like this, and he is wearing a suit as well, so he must be important. This thought frightens me more, what would an important vampire want with me? I see us pulling into the parking lot of a castle, a new castle. Built at least in the past 400 years, built in a high standard, not clumsy like the old human buildings, it's the royal vampire castle, I'm sure. Oh dear.

I close my eyes and curl up in the back of the car, not wanting to see anymore.

I hear the car stop and the back door open. I feel a hand on my wrist and I panic, quickly turning into a rattlesnake. 

I feel my body shift in that split second and my spine turns into the slithering body of the snake, it still feels weird, but I've gotten used to it

I feel my body shift in that split second and my spine turns into the slithering body of the snake, it still feels weird, but I've gotten used to it. I slither out of the seat belt that wrapped around me and hiss. Trying to be threatening by shaking my tail. The vampire just sighs.

"I promised I wasn't going to hurt you, so can you just change back sweetheart. It will be much easier if you stop being so difficult. I really don't want to have to break my promise."

I pause, and change back into myself, which includes the simple white dress that always appears as soon as I shift back into my human form. As soon as I take the dress off, it disappears. But when I shift again, it will be there.

The vampire grabs my hand and helps me out of the car. Not letting go of my hand, he starts walking towards the castle, with me in tow. He walks through the door as if he owns the place and strides down the hallways, I have to jog just to keep up to his walking pace. His legs are just so long, and mine, well they aren't.

The vampire pushes open two large doors, and he struts into a large throne room with me scuttling behind him. Sitting on the thrones in the middle of the room, are non other then the vampire King and Queen. I shrink behind the vampire that has taken me from my home. At the moment he seems less of a threat then these two.

The King chuckles, "Well what do we have here Flynn? A human perhaps? Another for the blood bank? They just keep trying to escape don't they?"

The vampire, or I guess Flynn, lets out a strained laugh, "No Uncle, this is a shifter that I found hiding in the barn of in a witch village that some of the Dukes sons set fire too."