1/2

You aroused the sleeping monster.

It's scary.

This thought hit Lauren almost immediately.

It's terribly scary.

Lauren was scared out of her wits, almost to the point of petrified as she stood rooted beside the counter. What scared her wasn't even scary on the surface, in fact it was everything but. The source of her unsettledness was beautiful, doll-like even, a porcelain doll that would crack under scrutiny and break when handled too carelessly.

She was that beautiful to Lauren.

And that was scary, terribly so.

Logic screamed at her as the mysterious doll walked further and further away, killer heels that went click click click until the sound couldn't be heard anymore. She didn't, or couldn't heed that logical voice that cried itself hoarse. Crazily, Lauren wanted to hear the clicking sound of heels again, and more; She wanted to hear the voice that wore that pair of red heels and held that cup of coffee.

The feeling was so intense, it might have felt painful if Lauren wasn't so numbed to other sensations.

It was so scary but so goddamn exhilarating.

"Miss? What would you like?"

Lauren heard the barista asking her the question, but she couldn't be bothered anymore, she was way too entranced. Unknowingly her legs had taken her back to the door of the café and out on to the streets. She followed after the doll-like brunette, steps slightly uncertain and wary.

What the hell was going on, logic screamed.

Time seemed to have turned back, and it was high school all over again. Teenage hormones bubbling, totally nuts and screaming for release; Reasons were redundant, responsibilities can go fuck itself and loyalty was as foreign as life on Mars. What mattered was feelings, wasn't it.

And that scared Lauren, badly.

She didn't know such rash feelings could happen again. It was one of those insane moments where you are so enamored and so captivated that nothing else mattered. Who she was, what's her name, who she had, all of that were kicked out of the equation the moment those feelings took over. It was downright crazy and for most part of it, Lauren really didn't care.

But that tiny part of her that outgrew all the high school hormones and college parties rudely slapped her out of the entrancement. She made it as far as the next street and saw the woman turn the corner, before she woke up. Everything came rushing back to her. The Starbucks, the tricky decision between three different salads and the woman who brushed past her when she finally decided on the one she wanted.

It was her smell.

Lauren realized abruptly, she was first captured by a whiff of something nostalgic that she couldn't put a finger to, and her eyes followed what her nose smelled. Her gaze fell on the woman and everything went haywire. Everything was perfect about her, from the fingers lightly clutching the cup of coffee to her smooth neckline and even her long lashes felt perfect.

Her icy features were so intriguing, as well.
Lauren never knew she could recall someone with so much detail, even to the minute fold of the ears. Creepy, Lauren shuddered at the thought, but felt more enamored than the second before.

Lauren forgot about the coffee she wanted to get, even the salad she took much pain to choose was wiped out from her memory.
The first meeting was already pretty earth shattering. Scary.

***

Pre-mediated.

It was planned, on purpose, arranged, whatever. Lauren no longer cared what word aptly described what she was doing. It didn't matter anymore. For the first two days that she planted herself in that particular Starbucks she had questioned herself, questioned the identity of this particular act she was doing and questioned her mind.