Undivided Rhythm

Music was his everything until she came to his life.

Undivided Rhythm
Prologue

To El,
Don't be afraid to make a change. Take the new step. I don't even know your real name, but I'm waiting for you here. You can't keep on blaming yourself. Play the piano, El.

A teardrop falls to her cheeks as she holds the letter in her hands. She tries to take a deep breath but it hurts so much; it's killing her inside. Every time she has to remember those memories she wants to forget, his silhouette comes back.

She covers her mouth with her trembling hand, trying so hard not to cry. A part of her knows that she can't stay the same, but the other part of her won't let go. It feels like she's going to fall every single time she take a step forward. No, she can't find her light.

A slight of her memory rings out the melody she used to play. It was sweet and sad, but she never knew when it ended. Her eyes shifts from the paper to the clear blue sky outside the window. She already pushes away her musical world; now she can't have it back.

The piano once was her everything; she glance to her upright piano on the corner of her room. Sure, she misses playing it so much, but the pain is much more unbearable when she play those black and white keys.

Forget those melody, El, convinced herself. You need to forget about him.

Then her cry gets a little bit louder than before. And somehow the room feels bigger than it should.

---------------------------------------------
Copyright©2015 by stella_sparksfly

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.