Coffee Bean

Hey, I'm Elyse. This is my first time writing a one-shot, so I really hope you guys like it. This is actually based on a true story and it's been (forcefully) demanded by my sister (@cartersbaexx). Shoutout to Hanna Vedua and Jonathan Billow for making your 'meeting' worth writing. I'm sorry in advance because of how fluffy the story is. D: I cringed, too. Also, thank you to Lau, Ash, and Ara! Enjoy.xx

_______________________

"Time Reynolds."

That was the first thing I knew about her. She was different. Though she wasn't that typical 'different' kind of girl people usually defined as.

You see, most people define 'different' girls as skinny, shy, beautiful, and quiet. And usually, in stories, the girl would wait for the guy to approach her. . .

But Time was different.

She was different in a way that she was confident, determined, attractive.

She wasn't the type of attractive that every boy would die to have. She wasn't even attractive at all!

She was plump and had pink chubby cheeks. If any one was to look at her, it wasn't because she was pretty, but because her size was eye-catching.

It's funny when you think about it. Heck, it's also kind of offensive.

But when I say it, I don't say it to insult her.

In fact, those were the things I loved most about her.

She was different.

* * *

It was just a normal day I had in the Philippines. There was nothing special about that day before I met her. I was only sitting at a booth at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, minding my own business as I studied on a really important test. I was absent in school for a few weeks, that's why I really needed to study. I was behind my classes already and the major exam was in three days.

My coffee was half-empty when she arrived. I didn't notice her at first, but her voice was so loud, I couldn't help but glance at the girl who made a commotion.

We made eye-contact once or twice. She got really distracting because she kept fidgeting while talking to the barista, but I was really trying hard not to glance at her again since I was taking down notes.

My tongue got dry, so I took my mug and placed it on my lips, but no coffee reached my mouth. I quickly stood up to buy another one.

That was when she approached me.

"Hi. Can I get your name?" She asked me and I was confused as to why, but I told her anyway.

"Jon. and you are?" I answered, giving her a smile. She was red on the cheeks and I couldn't tell whether she ate a whole chili or just plain embarrassed.

"Time Reynolds." She said with a nod.

I didn't know at that time that it was a name I could never forget.

We shook hands and I said that it was nice to meet her. After that, I was completely taken aback because she asked for my number. And to which I replied, "I would love to, but I don't live here in the Philippines."

"Ah, that explains the accent." She chuckled. "So, where do you come from?"

"Hong Kong." I replied and we simply smiled awkwardly at each other.