1

"Just your typical spoiled little rich girl story. How about you? The only guy I know who wears a suit is my dad." Kelly turned to the handsome overdressed guy beside her. "You some kind of businessman or something?"
"Or something." Was all the man said. "You want a ride home?"
"Nah. I can walk it."
"Then I'll walk you home. After all, what kind of man would I be if I left you to wander the streets late at night alone."
"So you're hot, you wear suits, and you're a gentleman. My, my, my. What have I done to deserve you?"
"So I'm a catch then?" The suited Original raised a brow, smirking.
"Definitely a catch."
"So tell me something about yourself."
"I have a younger sister."
"What's her name?"
"Rebecca."
"That's a weird coincidence. I have a sister named Rebekah too. She's 18. How old is yours?"
"The same." They laughed together and the streets looked deserted.
"Do you have any more siblings?"
"Yeah, an older brother who I haven't spoken to in years. Do you have any siblings?"
"Well, I have two younger brothers as well, though Rebekah is the youngest. I once had a little brother but he died when he was 14. I have another older brother- Finn, but he's never been close to the rest of us."
"I'm sorry about your little brother. I know how it feels to lose a sibling."
"You too?"
"My older sister died in an accident with my mother. It's just me, Rebecca and my dad. And Aaron. Where are your parents?"
"My father almost killed my mother then my siblings and I went on the run and he tried to, well, hunt us down. She was in a coma and woke up tonight."
"Your dad sounds like a real piece of work. For what it's worth, I'm sorry."
"Me too." He said wistfully.
"So, were you a fugitive?"
"No, witness protection." Seeing her frown a little made him add to what he said. He had this urge to impress her. "I mean, there were instances when my family and I did break the law in order to keep our father away, and times where we clashed with law enforcement- before we persuaded then it wasn't us."
"Persuaded?" She raised a brow, interested.
"Well a silver tongue is quite common in my family. I bet I could persuade you to do anything." He stopped and faced her.
"Oh really?" She asked, stepping close to him- so close their noses were touching.
"Oh yes." He breathed. And, without any compulsion, said "kiss me."
"No persuasion needed." She replied and moved closer to him and pulled herself up, smashing her lips onto his. He tasted of breath mint, but there was an underlying taste of alcohol, proof of the scotch he'd ordered at the bar. There was no fight for dominance as Elijah took control. By the time they broke apart, Kelly was breathless.
"That was incredible." Elijah said looking down in wonder.
"Want to see something else incredible?" She flirted. He leaned in again but stopped himself before he kissed her.
"I would love to," He replied, his voice husky, "but you deserve better than that."
"I don't know. I am a pretty naughty girl."
"Oh, I'm sure you are." This time he did kiss her. "But as you said before. I'm a gentleman. I'd prefer to court you first."
"Court me?"
"It means to woo you?"
"Woo me?" At his obvious flustering, she laughed. "I'm joking. I know what it means. But fine. If you want to be old fashioned about it..."
"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7."
"Okay, Mr Gentleman. This is my stop."
"I don't even know your name."
"Looks like the gentleman wasn't much of a gentleman. Do you often go around kissing girls whose names you don't know?"
"I don't make a habit of it, no. In fact, you're the first."
"Well, I'm honoured. I'm Kelly. Kelly Gallagher."
"I'm Elijah. Elijah Mikaelson. Pleasure to meet you Kelly." He smiled and kissed her hand, bowing.
"I'm sure." She smiled. "Goodnight Mr Mikaelson."

2 hours earlier.

Kelly sat at the bar, ordering herself a drink. She'd come with a friend who managed to leave her within a span of 5 minutes with a boy. And Kelly was obliged to forgive her, after all Alison had just broken up with her boyfriend and was currently trying to get over him. Besides, Kelly had left her hanging a few times. She had a few shots- her plan was to get drunk enough until a man seemed hot enough to make out with. Her eyes wandered over to a guy, he was pretty hot even without the alcohol. She smiled over at him and nodded.
A small smile played on the Original's lips. He hadn't come here to find someone although the girl just seemed different. Not in the cliché different, but more in the sense of her spirit. And he was right. She'd come right up to him and spoke to him. Of course, girls had come up to him before but this girl sparked his interest. Perhaps it was the way she seemed slightly interested in him- not too much, but not completely disinterested. She asked him if he wanted a drink, not if he wanted to buy her one. She didn't mind when he ordered scotch, though it was clear she preferred bourbon. She didn't talk about politics or the weather, or even about herself. She'd just talk of random topics she found hilarious. This helped him make his own analysis of what kind of person she was. She was very attractive, and there was a sadness about her. Something that the broken Original was captivated by.

A/N~ shout out to BookCoversForU for the cover!