Introduction

I'm staring off at the table just past my boyfriend Craig, while he sits on his phone telling me about his new gaming shelf, I sigh. I stopped listening to what he was saying ages ago but he's too absorbed in that stupid shelf to notice. Instead, I've been staring at the couple imagining what it would be like to be that girl.
    They look so happy. The lover hasn't even looked at the idiotic glowing square, we call a phone even once. They're both talking and laughing. You can tell they're even both engaged in the conversation. I wonder if they are a new couple or can couple still be that happy together after awhile.
     Before I know it, here I am fantasizing about other people's relationship again. I'm starting to plan out how their whole relationship is. He's a vet,we will call rick, whose whole passion in life is to save as many innocent animal lives as he can and also we can't forget his beautiful wife Linda, who just brightens up his life a little more. Linda runs a nonprofit business that gets homeless people back on their feet. She is also learning to play the harp. She isn't good yet but rick never stops encouraging her. Every Friday night they go dancing. They try to find a different joint to go to every week to spice things up.
     I'm about to think up the story of how they met when someone says "What would you like to order?"
    "Oh, I would like the carbonara."
    "Okay, I'll bring your order out shortly." Says the waitress as she starts to turn to leave.
    "What was that about?"says Craig.
    "What do you mean?" I reply.
    "We've both been trying to get your attention for a hot second."
    I tucked my hair behind my ear before I replied, it was my nervous habit. "Sorry just lost in thought."
    He looked annoyed. "So you weren't listening to what I was saying about my shelf!?"
    I wanted to say fuck no I don't give a damn about that stupid shelf. It's all I've been fucking hearing about for a week now, but instead I just said "of course I was."
    "You must be a real good multitasker."
    "Yeah" I quickly reply.
    Our relationship wasn't always like this. We never used to be like this. We had a wonderful, loving, fun relationship. I was never envious. Let me start from the beginning.