Quantum Mirror Series 8

It took two more days to reach another world with a gate. Michael landed near the gate at quickly as he could. The Tel'tak slammed to a stop and threw everything in the ship forward. Ford and Colt quickly picked up Ward and heaved him through the hatch and towards the gate. Natock sprinted out behind them and dialed the Alpha Base. As soon as the worm hole was established they carried Ward up the steps, through the gate.

Michael radioed ahead of Ten to inform Alpha to have a medical team ready. By the time Ford and Colt came down the steps in the gate plaza on Alpha three medics were sprinting towards them. They carried Ward all the way into the infirmary as they explained his injuries. As soon as they dropped Ward on the bed Ford and Colt were pushed back so the corpsmen could take over.

"What happened?" The corpsman asked as they cut off his uniform and began injecting an I.V..

"Three staff blasts to the torso. We were forced to put a Tok'ra symbiote in him to keep them both alive," Ford said.

They stood there watching as Dr. Forester approached and he was informed of Wards condition. Both men stood back, near the wall in their blood stained Jaffa armor, weary from days cramped in a Tel'tak without anything to eat or drink.

"He agreed to that?" Dr. Forrester asked, examining Ward.

"No. I'm going to have to explain that to him when he wakes up," Ford muttered.

"He most likely already knows," Forrester said quietly. "If the symbiote hasn't communicated with him directly it will soon. Well, he's stable, somehow," Dr. Forester said turning back to Ford. "How long has he been unconscious?"

"About fifty six hours," Ford said rubbing his stubbly chin with his left palm.

"For something like this we're going to need to keep him sedated. The symbiote is still alive, so I have to presume it's trying to keep them both alive. We need to take as much of the strain off of it as we can, and let it work."

"The blast wounds stopped bleeding, but they didn't get any better," Ford replied.

"That's no surprise."

"How long are you going to keep him sedated?" Colt asked.

"As long as it takes, but it's too soon to tell," Forester answered. "While you're here you two should sit down and let us check you out."

"Mission's not finished," Ford growled. He turned to Colt. "Check on Natock and Washington, I'll stay with him."

"Seriously, you two look exhausted, let me check you out," Forester insisted.

Colt ignored him and left. He walked back to the gate plaza where the cases of weapons they stole from the armory were sliding through the gate across the event horizon. Seven Marines were standing on the gate platform handing the cases down the gate ramp and getting them out of the way. Colt reached the gate just as it closed. Natock and Washington were standing at the bottom of the steps speaking with General Wilson.

"Michael will be returning with the Tel'tak in approximately four more days," Natock explained to Willis.

"Understood," Willis said. When he saw Colt coming he turned and asked him. "How is he?"

"Stable," He told Willis. "But still unconscious," He said to Washington and Natock.

"Get something to eat, and get some rest. Turn in your reports when you're ready," Willis said.