Serpent Girl (Jughead x Reader)

"Could you write one where the reader and jughead used to be best friends but he left her for Betty and the scene where jughead gets the serpent jacket he notices the reader smirking among at him with her own jacket and he smirks back putting the ...

"Could you write one where the reader and jughead used to be best friends but he left her for Betty and the scene where jughead gets the serpent jacket he notices the reader smirking among at him with her own jacket and he smirks back putting the jacket on please??xxx" –Anonymous

"I think something weird is happening between me and Betty," Jughead stammered in confusion, pacing the room. "I dunno, ever since we've been working on this investigation thing she's been really sweet to me and I think she's been relying on me for emotional support ever since the stuff with her sister and–"

"Jughead, you like her," you insisted, feeling your heart crack inside your chest. You said it to clarify his worries, but also remind yourself of this slowly worsening reality. It would be a lie to say you didn't fall in love with Jughead through the years of nighttime talks, him sneaking into your room every weekend. You had hoped, just barely, that he felt the same.

He paused. "I... I do?"

Jughead was so dumb sometimes. So, so dumb. "Of course you do." You smirked to hide your pain. "Now what are you gonna do about it?"

Jughead sat next to you, staring into your eyes sincerely. "What do I do?"

You cursed whatever God or higher power had fated you to setting up the love of your life with another girl. "Well, you've gotta sneak into her house like you do at my house. Don't be weird about it though. Maybe say something cheesy you would say like 'hey there Juliet'."

Jughead chuckled. "Okay."

"Then, you just have to do it. It has to seem spontaneous and passionate. You've gotta lean in like this," You leaned in, Jughead mirroring you. "And then kiss her." Your voice came out in a whisper, your lips centimeters apart. You could see his constellation of freckles and his stormy blue eyes and you wished so badly that things could be different.

"Okay." Jughead said, leaning back and grinning in understanding. "Thanks, (Y/N)."

You smiled sadly. "If you and Betty start going out, you'll still come see me, right?"

Jughead pulled you into a hug. "Always."

This had happened before.

You and Jughead grew up together, your fathers partners in the Serpent business. In fact, it was your father who offered FP Jones a higher position upon his firing from Andrews Construction. When your mothers would work the graveyard shift, your dad and FP would leave you in a meticulously child-safe'd room in the Serpent headquarters, leaving you with nothing to do but torment and entertain each other until your relationship became something remotely resembling that of friends. Even best friends.

Eventually, FP worked out the logistics to transfer Jughead to the Northern Riverdale School District, leaving you in the South Side.

"Will you come back?" Ten year-old you, asked, eyes watering.

"Of course I will, (Y/N)! I'm gonna tell you all about it." Ten year-old Jughead vowed. "Then I'll come back and rescue you forreal." He whispered. Your favorite play-pretend game was fairytales. Naturally, you were the princess and he was your gallant knight who always rescued you.

Unlike before, missed visits grew and grew, each with its own unique excuse. Some relating to Betty, some not. One thing was for sure, you weren't getting "rescued forreal" any time soon.

You approached your father in the kitchen, ready to take on his invitation to join the family business.

One month later...

"You're one of us, now," the Serpent said, handing Jughead a brand new leather jacket embroidered with the South Side Serpent Sigil.

"...Juggie?" Betty peered out of the trailer, voice shaking.

Jughead looked back to her, and back to the gang of bikers who he had once called his family. All like fathers, or uncles to him...

He noticed a girl in the group. Familiar, but colder. More mature. Your eyes darkened with makeup and hair windswept by the motorcycle ride. You sported a Serpent jacket of your own, helmet in one arm. You smirked at the poor boy who used to be the love of your life.

Jughead glanced back at Betty Cooper, and he swallowed hard. Looking back at you, he shrugged on the jacket, the Serpent's image tightening around the muscles on his back. He smirked back.

He began to walk towards the man who addressed him, but not before stepping near you, long enough to be acknowledged.

You stared down your former friend. "So much for 'rescuing me forreal'." You muttered, your childishness getting the best of you.

Jughead then leaned in, so close you could feel his breath warming your neck in the nighttime chill.

"Watch me," he said.