Chapter 1

I placed the last teddy in the horrible brown box prepared to swallow it up and quickly closed it, looking away and squeezing my eyes shut as I did so. I took one last look around at my empty childhood. I felt two arms clasp me around the shoulders,
"You'll be fine Yūrei, just think Tokyo! I'll be up to visit you soon! It's like a whole new world out there!" She enthused, 

" But I like this one," I replied solemnly looking out of the window again and crossing my arms. "They won't like me."

"That's a self-fulfilling prophecy again, Yūrei, you know what I've told you about that." She scolded, shaking her head. 

"Sorry," I mumbled. 

"I know," she replied, pulling me into one final hug. "I'm always at the end of a telephone, you never know what might happen! I could be moving out there next week! You must always be positive!" She started to wildly dance around the room, her vibrant yellow hair bouncing around her shoulders.

" I'm going to miss you so much Aria," I whispered just watching her move so gracefully, yet so furiously in an unavailing attempt at making me laugh,

"Come on dance with me!" She laughed, grabbing my arms and pulling me around after her, finally succeeding in her quest to make me laugh.

💟💟💟

The car journey was exhausting, tree after tree, village after village and with every passing moment my chest sunk. I flicked through my phone watching my friends organise an outing without me, the first of many I was sure and being the child that I acted like, I fought back tears. Back home I had friends, I had a routine, I had hobbies. What if I didn't fit in? What if they didn't accept me? They had no reason to, everyone there would have had all of their friends and outings planned, my friends wouldn't let some random new girl join them, neither would anyone there. The longer I thought, the more dread and apprehension filled my veins and when it was too much and I was finally exhausted I glided into an uncomfortable, disjointed slumber.