Tribute

Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/529554.

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:Choose Not To Use Archive WarningsCategory:GenFandom:NCISCharacter:Anthony DiNozzo, Anthony DiNozzo Sr., Jethro Gibbs, Leon Vance, Tobias Fornell, Ziva David, Timothy McGee, Abby Sciuto, Ducky MallardAdditional Tags:Hurt/Comfort, Family, Italian MafiaSeries:Part 1 of The Colomba familyStats:Published: 2012-10-05 Chapters: 18/18 Words: 23967Tribute

by CALLEN37

Summary

Tony has a BIG secret, His family is a little more complicated than he ever let on. And this secret could cost him dearly.

Chapter 1

Slipping unnoticed in between the crowds at the naval yard, a young Italian girl made her way to the back of the crowd and quietly climbed up the roof of a nearby warehouse.

The USS Wasp slipped into its home port amidst cheering families eager to welcome their loved ones home. The girl wondered briefly about her family. She knew her father was not far from here and wondered whether or not she had time to fit in a visit after the job was done.

She set up her M40A3 rifle and settled down, she had time and the weather was at least nice. She took the picture of the target out of her pocket. Petty Officer Jackson looked smart in his picture, she wondered what he had done to deserve this but knocked the thought away, it wasn't in her interests to start to care, he had obviously in some way angered the Boss and it was her job to take him out, that was that. Right now she wasn't a teenager, she was a Hitman...Hitgirl whatever. She was Cosa Nostra; he was a target as simple as that.

Petty officer Jackson was having a bad day. His ship had got into port and he knew he had to face his demons. He had effectively stolen from the Mafia, $25,000 worth of heroin which he had mislaid. Now he was back in port he knew there was nowhere to hide. As he walked down the gangplank of the ship he breathed a sigh of relief as he couldn't see any Mafia enforcers on the dock. It was his last sigh as a bullet slammed through his forehead and his body fell onto the tarmac.

The girl packed up, policing her brass and cleaning down the scene methodically just as her parents had taught her. She put the rifle back in its case and as the paramedics came screaming past her she calmly walked out of the gate.

Gibbs looked up at his team; Ziva was talking on the phone to a contact in Hebrew he was hoping it was about one of the many cold cases they had been working on for the past few days. Tim was down with Abby overhauling a programme on the computer which they had both convinced him, would cut search parameters in half and Tony was...well being Tony. All his work had been completed overnight, he knew that his SFA had been in from about 2300 the night before and it always amazed him how he could do that, still work and hardly sleep. He turned his attention to the T.V. playing behind Tony's head. The USS Wasp was in the background and a camera crew was showing pictures of families coming home and then a man falling from the gangplank.

Gibb picked up his phone and looked at it. Both Tony and Ziva sensed a change fro their boss and looked at him as he picked up his badge and gun and then called McGee.

"McGee, up here now." He said. The others looked at his quizzically and then his phone rang. "Gibbs." He said and listened to the voice on the other end. He put the phone down and turned to the others, "Dead Petty Officer in Norfolk, Grab your gear." Then he headed towards the elevators.

"How does he do that?" Ziva asked in awe. DiNozzo shrugged "It's Gibbs." He replied.

The arrived at Norfolk Base and walked up to the crime scene. The local LEO's were there and Gibbs walked up to the man in charge for a run down and sent Tony and Ziva to interview witnesses and there were a lot of them and Tim photographed the crime scene.