Prologue

"Honey it's time to get up!" Dad yelled

"Already up!" You called.
"I'm off for work at six pm Emily is coming over." Dad said.  "Be ready we're going to have dinner together as a family!"
"Ugh Emily my future step mother." You thought.  You didn't get along with her at all. You could tell she wasn't the right woman for your father because she was always rude and vindictive and a user. However you love your father with all your heart as he's the one who raised you and you can see that he loves her and he wants you to accept her so you try to even if it's hard.
"Fine." You begrudgingly sighed.
You put on a long sleeve shirt with a peacock on it and jeans with sneakers and you put on the peacock ring. It was the only memento you had of your mother and your dad always told you to keep it safe and always keep it with you  for some reason that you didn't know about.  After getting ready you headed to the park there was quite a chill out but you needed the time to just think and reflect on everything.

You were sitting in the park playing with your ring and you saw a male with curly hair and brown eyes with a mischievous smirk eyeing you.  You looked at him a bit suspiciously. 
"What does he want?" You thought. "He is a tad bit cute though."  

You then saw a woman giving you an evil look. The sort of look that if looks could kill you would be die a thousand times a look of pure hatred and disgust the same look that Emily would give you.   You noticed her starting to slowly walk over to you a malice aura surrounding her and every step she took closer the faster your heart began to race. You wanted to move but the fear you felt overwhelmed you and you just sat there as she loomed ever nearer.

"Demigod." The woman hissed.
"Demigod?" You repeated confused.
The monster lunged at you. You quickly moved taken a back and you saw her bright red eyes and flaming hair.
"W-w-what in the world are you!?" You stuttered in fear and shock.   The creature hissed at you and lunged at you but this time you were too in shock to move. You clenched  your eyes tightly preparing to be attacked.  When suddenly you felt someone push you and you opened your eyes to see the same boy with curly hair standing in front of you protecting you.
"Stay back I'll protect you princess." The boy said using a dagger to fight the monster.
You wanted to help but you didn't know how to at all. You took a step back watching as he was dodging all the attacks almost effortlessly.
"Use the ring." An unfamiliar voice in your head stated.
You looked at the golden peacock ring and pressed it.  A bronze sword with a peacock engraving on the hilt appeared in your hand.     You gripped the sword tightly and ran next to the boy.  The creature immediately turned her attention to you and hissed at you menacingly and jumped at you. You dodged and you sliced the monster with your sword causing it to shriek in pain.
"I'm not falling today!" You proudly stated running towards the monster and slicing it again.

"Watch out!" The boy called to you.
The boy suddenly sent a fire ball and you jumped out the way and in unison with the fireball you attacked the creature and it was finally over.
You noticed a F/C jewel on it and you pressed the jewel and it turned back into the ring you knew.   You looked at the boy and he had a grin on his face.
"What was that thing? What just happened? Did I dream all of that? This can't be real!" You yelled freaking out.

"You were a natural out there it was almost like you knew instinctively what to do. That was amazing."The boy complimented.
"Thanks.  But who are you? And what happened?" You asked.
"I'm Leo Valdez bad boy supreme." He said with a cheeky grin. "That monster we just fought is called an empousa. She called you a demigod do you know what that means?" He asked.
"Yeah someone who's half god half human. But that can't possibly be me Greek gods don't exist." You stated shaking your head.
"But they do and so do Roman gods. One of your parents is a god." Leo informed.
"It would have to be my mother then but my dad said she passed away after I was born." You said trying to make sense about what just happened and what you witnessed.

"What's your name beautiful?" Leo asked.
"F/N L/N." You answered.
"Well F/N I have to bring you to Camp Half Blood once we're there and we're safe then we can discuss everything." Leo said.
  "But my dad  is expecting me home tonight. I can't just leave." You interjected.
"Your dad knows that you're a demigod he probably knew this was going to happen eventually. It's safer for you to be at camp than with him where he could get hurt."    Leo stated seriously.
You looked down knowing what he's saying is true and you nodded agreeing. "Fine I'll go lead the way."
Leo smiled at you and you two began the journey.
"I bet I know who your mom is." Leo hummed.
"Who?" You asked. 
"Aphrodite because you're so beautiful." Leo winked causing you to blush.
"And who's your godly parent? Hephaestus because you're smoking." You flirted.
You saw his face get as red as flames and he laughed. "Well you're actually right."
"See I'm a great guesser." You said with a laugh.
You felt hopeful about this journey and about this camp. Deep down you had a feeling that this would be the start to an epic journey and a new beginning.