Nice one Green

SIRIUS' POV

I ventured back to the class room, hanging around outside, noticing that the last person in there was Max, noticeably discussing with the sly cat herself about extra work? Merlin she still was the same geeky girl. I held back, pressing myself against the wall as I waited for her to leave. I followed behind her as she took a right back down the hall way. I was still interested about this whole date crap. Sadly, as I went to make myself shown, Evans sprung out from nowhere and took Max by the arm, shooting what seemed to be a knowing look. Does she know about Max and I?

I hung back, listening to the conversation like the nosy git I was and strolled behind them up to the common room. It was actual coincidence that I was heading that way to see James.

"Lil's I'm serious! I'm calling her out on it. I'm sick of it!" My ears twinged at the subject streaming from Max's stunning nice lips. Hold it together...

"Are you one hundred percent sure that is the reason."

"Yes mum. I've been in a class with Jack every year and I know when he's telling the truth... plus, he asked me out...." she muttered the last part, her tone lifting with excitement. Blah!

The girls giggled on about who ever this Jack guy was but what I was more interested in was there could be the possibility of a girl fight. Nice.

MAXINE'S POV

I clocked Sirius from the start and could feel his presence behind me, I didn't mind. What I did mind however was how he going to react when I have a go at his girlfriend. This could be interesting. Stepping through the portrait hole, I parted with Lily, standing by the fireplace as she sat down on the small arm chair, her eyes flickering back and forth between me and Marlene whom was sat on the sofa filling her nails next to James. I watched as Sirius rounded behind Lily, his arms resting on the back of the arm chair.
I glanced at him for a second, the look on his face showing understanding and what looked to be a hint of amusement as he clocked on who I was talking about.

"Marlene, I need to talk to you please" I looked at her, starting off polite and confident, something I worked on over the summer as part of a group I attended to help deal with....

Anyway.

She looked up from her nails, scrunching her nose as everyone stared at me.

"Yes?" She pushed me to continue. Here we go.

"I'm going go straight to the point. I spoke to Jack today. I know why you hate me and I'm telling you to pack it in right now." I crossed my arm, keeping the strong wall up. She snorted, standing to meet my level.

"Don't start protecting Aaron.." she began but I beat her too it.

"Grow up and stop blaming everyone for something that you couldn't help. Yes, it is VERY shit that he cheated on you but I am not the girl who ruined your relationship! I don't know if you've notice but there are actually quite a few red heads in our year!" I laughed, feeling all eyes boring into us and bodies leaning closer to us. Her jaw clenched as well as her fists, seeing her eyes flicker as she tried to gather her words.

"You automatically decided it was me just because I happened to be partnered with him that year. But, if you spoke to me, which you should of, you would of found out that I was DATING SOMEONE TOO!!" I barked, finding myself more upset about the whole thing than I anticipated. My eyes flickered to Sirius and his jaw too was tight. Was he angry about this or was he just on the edge of his seat like everyone else in our friendship group.

"Who?Who were you dating! And I assumed it was you because Aaron told me!"

"HAHAH! You're going to believe that lying prick? He cheated on you! That not the first thing he's lied about, clearly! And.. it was Gideon Prewitt. It wasn't for long so I didn't tell anyone! There's my alibi! I'm sorry to go hard ball on you but I'm sick of you treating me like shit for something I haven't done. Fuck!" I gave in at that point, I packed it in and slowly trudged towards the stairs.

"Well..."

"Well what McKinnon!? Stop acting so crazy all the time then maybe people will actually like you" I huffed, catching Sirius and James cover there mouths, refraining from laughing. She stormed away, tears pooling in her eyes as Alice and Frank entered the scene.

"Max! I wasn't expecting you to be that harsh!" Lily scolded me, looking quite ashamed. I walked back to the centre of the room and looked at everyone else for reaction.

"Obviously I missed something big!" Alice groaned, scratching her head confused.

"Too right! You missed the big smack down!" Sirius burst then, James too wailing one out.

"Grow up Potter!" Lily slapped James hard on the leg, pushing Sirius too.

"Nice one Green! I'm actually impressed!" Sirius laughed again. It was a shocking reaction considering that they were together! Perhaps there relationship was coming to a very quick end

"And you! I'll go check damage control, Max go get ready for your date!" Lily groaned, running out the room.

"AHHH! A date!" Alice curled tight around me like a viper and took me away. I watched Sirius as I was dragged away. An impressed laugh turned into a unapproving frown.