Stop frowning.

I told him about the whole ordeal over dinner, not spearing on details.
Jack shook his head and was glad I stuck up for myself, surprised also that Marlene didn't bite back like usual.

It was a charming date, simple and relaxing just the way they should be. We began dating instantly, and it was exciting to date such a hopeless romantic person. He would meet me after some lessons to see me between the others classes, he would join me for lunches and talk to my friends, befriending them too. He was such a people person and it was hard not to like him.

It was late in the evening, the sky's outside pouring with rain, creating a sad and cold atmosphere in the common room. I climbed down there to warm by the fire and have a little think. I sat in front of the fire, eyes closed and feeling the heat slightly singeing my little eyebrow hairs. The room was quiet, the gentle cracks of the flames and the rain against the panes of glass filled the room, creating a welcoming feeling.

Before I took my next breath, a hand slapped around my mouth and I was dragged backwards, the other arm wrapped around my stomach to help pull me away from the warmth. I struggled against the arms, my eyes still shut from shock. I was pulled up and we suddenly stopped... I was in someone's lap, being embraced and held against their chest, cheek resting against mine. The big hand was still covering my mouth, my thoughts traveling to idea of bitting the kidnappers fingers. I opened my eyes and looked down, blushing at the sight of my small body held so closely in the persons big frame and what should look like romantically.

"Shh. Don't move." I knew the voice and rolled my eyes. I pulled his hand off my mouth and went to move but his arms around me tightened "please" he sighed again.

"Sirius. This is weird! What are you doing?" I whispered, avoiding any chance of someone possibly overhearing us.

"This is the first time we've been alone in 3 weeks. Good to see you too" he muttered very sarcastically in my ear, his lips practically resting on my cheek. I was beginning to blush.

I sighed, unable to give him a good excuse... it was difficult now that I was dating Jack, things got complicated.

"There's a reason you tried to kidnap me. What is it!?" I went to move again but this time the grip on me wasn't needy, it was.... warm, snuggling, intimate...

"I've missed you.... I saw an opportunity and I ceased it." He stated in a matter of fact. His voice dropped at the last part, cracking. He seemed off. Something was wrong. I reluctantly laid back against his chest, letting me head fall back against his shoulder

"What else."

"I ended it with McKinnon. That mess needed an expiration date. It was sour" he sighed once more, nuzzling closer. This was wrong. Very wrong. I thought of Jack and wanted to get away.

"What happened?" I didn't move but went ridged slightly

"I snapped, she was moaning as per usual and said that I was hiding something, so I ended it. Im fucking tired of chicks like her" He was monotoned and flat. He really was sick of her.

"You are hiding something, Sirius. We both are too everyone....
I know I said before that we should hide it but... I'm dating Jack and if we let out later that we've been secret friends, he'll think that I'm cheating on him or something!" I frowned, finally escaping his grip. I looked at him for the first time since he grabbed him. He looked different all of a sudden, like a grumpy child. He looked himself the first time we spent real time together.

"Stop frowning" I folded my arms

"Stop making me frown" He fought back, his childish demeanour surfacing.

"What's your problem!" I was starting to get annoyed, he wasn't making a lot of sense all of a sudden.

"You're my problem at the moment! You've been ignoring me for weeks! I haven't seen you in ages! I haven't heard updates about your dad, I haven't been able to tell you my problems, at least the ones James wouldn't want to hear! And also now you want to tell everyone? I'm just as confused as you... but you know what let's tell everyone Maxine.." he stood up and towered over me. "... no honestly, let's do it. See what happens!" He laughed at me. Not with me... at me. He was acting like a true snob. I pushed him and punched him in chest, getting angry and frustrated. He stood there and took it, waiting to calm down. I finally dropped and felt the hot streams and tears flood out, my legs caving in and dropping me to the floor. He bent down and scooped me up from the floor and back into his lap like before.

"He's the worst he's ever been. I'm scared that I not going to see him again. I spoke to him last night and he told me there's a piano recital at the church hall down our road at Christmas... I've entered." I sniffed, finally catching up on the news about my dad. His cancer was beating harder than I could imagine and part of that was the reason I didn't see Sirius; because I thought of how I saw characteristics of my father in him. He was a genuine and beautiful man.

Although it felt weird to be comforted in someone's lap other than my boyfriends, it wasn't write because it was him. A boy I was beginning to love at the start of the year. I let it go when Marlene came into the picture but now that they weren't a thing, I felt confused. I really like Jack and want to be with him, he understands me in a way most can't.... if anything, he was just like Sirius.

Sirius pulled me back to his chest, gently rubbing my arm, swaying us slightly and humming.

"Why do you make feel so comfortable." I muttered, sniffing.

"Because we love each other Green" He sighed, humming again.

"They're all wrong then. We do make sense as friends!" I laughed, thinking back to 2 months ago where Alice argued that we were each others opposites. And in that silence, I felt calm and my mind was cramped with nonsense and confusion.