24.

Please vote and comment what you think:)

24.

I opened the door to my father's house and braced myself walking inside. I didn't have a clue whether he was here or not or where my mother and father were.

Quite frankly, I didn't care.

Nick hadn't come to the apartment and it had been over five hours now. I was tired of being angry and I was just overall tired. I couldn't be bothered to wait around for him when he was meant to be protecting me, not making me feel more shitty about the whole thing.

I didn't even have it in me to worry about who he was with. I had to trust him, I just had to.

Like hell I was going to listen to Alice anyway. It was obvious she was obsessed with my boyfriend and maybe she just wanted to cause trouble.

I was still angry about the fact Nick had called her over to look after me. As if I was a baby who needed looking after. I was a rape victim and a survivor, not a piece of shit who needed to be watched like a hawk.

I've always protected myself, I didn't need anyone else doing it for me.

Just as I opened the door to the house, my phone rang in my pocket. I didn't answer it until I dropped my bag to the floor and had taken my jacket off.

I answered it quickly as soon as I knew it was Nick.

"Why the hell can't you just do as I say?" He snapped as soon as I had answered the call. I was too tired to act shocked and bothered about him snapping at me at the other end of the phone.

I sighed.

"What do you want, Nick?" I sounded bored, just like I had given up on everything. Maybe I had, I didn't know. Everything was just getting too much for me lately and all I wanted to do was sleep it away.

"You told Alice to leave when I needed her to look after you." He said. "I want you fucking safe, Cathy!"

"Props to her for wanting to do your job." I jabbed. "But the girl fancies you and she was stirring shit up between us."

"Like what?" He replied back irritated.

"Making me believe you were with another girl." I said. He didn't reply but I heard his heavy breathing down the other end of the phone.

"Where are you to?" He completely ignored my statement with another question. "Are you still at the apartment?"

"Nick-"

"Answer me." He snapped.

"No, I'm at my dads." I snapped. "Were you with somebody else?" I asked.

"Why the fuck are you up there?" He boomed. "He could be at home, you're being so fucking stupid right now!" He fumed.

"Get fucking lost." I snapped. I could feel my anger coming back to me at full force. "You should have been looking after me, making sure I was okay! You were meant to be there for me but you'd obviously rather be with somebody else. I fucking need you and you're never bloody there!" I shouted.

"Cathy-"

"Leave me alone, Nick, seriously." I snapped. "Don't ring me, don't come and see me, don't even try anything." I said. "I want to be left alone."

"You can't tell me to do that, you can't tell me I can't see you!" He shouted, his voice becoming one of panic and one of irritation.

"I'll do whatever the hell I please." I said. "Have a good night."