[1]

craig laid in bed, glaring at the ceiling. he was turning seventeen in a few days and the waiting was killing him. only some of his friends had a name on them and he was shocked at a few, like kenny mccormick's, and some that were no surprise at all, like stan marsh's.

he was glad his friends had found their soulmates and he was scared the name on his chest would be someone he didn't know, someone he would have to find or wait years to meet. that kind of thought sent a wave of anxiety through him.

he heard the muffled voices of his family and he knew they were going to bed. he got up and switched his light off and shuffled back to bed. he frowned at the dark room with those same thoughts lacing through his mind.

it took him a few hours to finally fall asleep, the thoughts of future anxieties tiring him out.

the alarm rang out through the small room and craig reached his hand out to turn it off. he wasted no time in getting out of bed and changing into more public appropriate clothes. he threw his pyjamas onto the floor only to pick them up and place them on his bed.

he rushed downstairs to eat breakfast. he made himself a bowl of cereal and watched as his family members left their own rooms, rubbing their tired eyes and trudging slowly downstairs.

"good morning, family," craig mocked, a weird pulse of anxiety rushing through him.

his father flipped him off and he did the same back. they all made their own quick breakfasts with accompanying hot drinks to go with. they ate and drank in silence, not really morning people.

craig finished his first and stood and washed his dishes, placing them in the drying rack before rushing back up the stairs.

his family all shared a look about craigs awake-ness in recent days. they knew what it was about, his seventeenth birthday was soon. they could understand why he was nervous, his parents themselves went through the same feelings before they turned seventeen. his sister, ruby, thought there was no need to stress and was convinced she knew who his soulmate was already but he ignored her.

up in his room craig sat on the chair at his desk scrolling through his phone, bouncing his leg as he does. with all this anxiety he could only dream about how much anxiety his friend tweek must be under, he had know him since grade school and he was always such an anxious person, though in recent years his anxiety was much better and under control.

he realised the time and grabbed his hat, the same type as he wore when he was younger but had to get replaced a few times because of his lack of care as a child. he grabbed his bag which he packed the night before and rushed down the stairs and out of the house to the bus stop.

a few seconds later his sister ruby came out and stood with him and waited for her bus. it came and he rushed on, he greeted some people and they back as he went and sat with his friends. clyde held his arms open and hugged craig.

"its almost the day!" clyde exclaimed. a few people turned to look at them but turned back uninterested.

after clyde let go craig sat in the seat behind him. craig nodded and hummed in response.

"are you excited?" token asked him.

"oh, sure i am. i'm more stressed than anything," he told them truthfully, no point in lying to his friends.

"why?" clyde asked.

"i just don't know who it will be and i'm worried it will be someone i don't know," another worry craig had was that his soulmate wouldn't have his name on their chest.

clyde and token shared a look but it went over craig's head.

"doesn't that add a thrill to it though? it would be exciting not knowing the person at all!" clyde waved his hands enthusiastically.

craig hummed and shrugged, "i don't know, maybe."

the bus stopped and his other friends got on. they walked over to the three and they greeted each other as they sat down. tweek sat next to craig while stan and kyle sat in the seat across from them. cartman sat near the front since he wasn't friends with them anymore but still got on at the same stop. kenny sat in front of token and clyde.

"hey, craig," tweek smiled.

"he-hey, tweek," craig had a fond expression on his face and clyde snickered at his friend and his obliviousness.

"sorry i couldn't meet you at you-your stop today, dude, i forgot by the time the bus arrived," tweek frowned, embarrassed at his mistake.

"its okay, man, i don't mind."

"uh, anyhow... your birthday is soon, craig! are you excited?" tweek grinned before taking a sip of his coffee.

"i- yeah," he smiled. "i'm also really nervous."

"thats okay! i'm nervous too-too and my birthday is months away! i hope whoever your soulmate is they're lovely," tweeks smiled, it not quite reaching his eyes.

"yea-yeah, me too," craig realised he was staring at tweek and looked away.

the bus pulled to a stop and students began piling out and into school to start another day of work.

---
:^)
i really couldn't help myself i love soulmate aus and creek so! its perfect<33 !!!