You Were Beautiful

your eyes that used to gaze at me, your voice that used to call me.

it was all beautiful.

we started off with shy smiles and small touches. you used to call my name without reason and i'd hug you like we were separating for a life time. i didn't think for a moment that it would be true.

i remember a time during autumn; when the leaves had turned red and brown and yellow and had begun swaying down to say hi to the dying grass. you were dressed in a wool sweater, a few sizes too big, accompanied with your most favourite pair of skinny jeans, a fluffy scarf, your only beanie and a pair of red converse you said you hated.

you were more beautiful than the sunset colored leaves you had stuck in your hair. the atmosphere was chilly and you laughed every time i puffed a breath of air into the sky just to hear that sound once more. we had gotten criticizing stares, heated gazes plated onto our backs but you smiled so brightly. you were my moon, and everything you did was beautiful.

i remember seeing emotions swirling and swishing around deep in your eyes when you looked at me, and i swear for a second, i could see the galaxy. you'd blush whenever i stared back at you, a lovely carmine painting your cheeks and the tips of your ears.

the way you smiled down at your parents' graves was beautiful, all your small conversations with the moss-covered stonesㅡit was beautiful. who knew your grave would be placed beside theirs.

it was beautiful, the way your fingers grazed across the keys of your piano gracefully without misconstruing the placement. you were more beautiful than the music you made.

i remember my heart thumping hard against my rib cage and the way you had placed your head on my chest because you wanted to feel alive. i was glad you found a different way to feel like a living being on earth. your hands had curled around my body tightly and i thought the way you hugged me was beautiful.

your eyes had been set ablaze that day and maybe it was a mirage, but i swear i saw a sunset staring back at me. you had spoken gently however, and repeated words of love over and over until i was the one with coral cheeks. you were my moon, and everything you did was beautiful.

it was all beautiful.

your eyes that used to gaze at me, your voice that used to call me.

it was all beautiful.

even after you died.