prologue

the plastic wire is piercing through his skin, slitting his slender wrists as he struggles against it, trying to rid himself of the untangled mess he had gotten himself into. from where he sits on the chair, he can make out two figures standing outside the transulcent door, speaking with aggressive hand gestures and mubled words.

his pale hands are tied behind his back with a thin plastic wire, attached to the back of the chair, making it impossible for him to stand without taking the chair with him. he sighs in aggravation, turning his head to the side to examine the office he sits in.

the wooden table in front of him has a name plate fixated onto the surface.  the words ian hansen (counselor) imprinted on the silver metal, almost taunting him.

god how he hated the older man. he could name multiple occasions where the older man had caused problems for him. occasion such as the one he was currently in, waiting for ian to walk in and tell him his punishment.

a couple more minutes pass before the door to the office opens and in walks ian himself, followed by another younger individual who the tied up boy recognizes as the student who had wrapped the plastic wire around his wrists.

"simon minter," the middle-aged counsellor sighs as he loosens his tie from around his neck, "i don't understand how a student majoring in criminology ends up commiting the most crimes in a uni."

"i don't know what crime you're talking about." the silver-haired boy replies, a challenging glint in his eyes as he smirks.

"you're hilarious." ian says, tone monotone. "now i'm glad josh here, caught you before you did some major damage otherwise, you might've been packing your bags to go back home."

simon's cerulean eyes narrow at the bearded student standing to his left, who in return glares back at him.

"i don't know what i did wrong and is this really necessary?" simon struggles in his seat, gesturing to his hands tied behind his back. "i feel like i'm in a police station."

"yes it was necessary otherwise you would've injured me and josh by continuously jabbing your elbow in our faces." comes the reply as the counselor stands up from his seat and walks towards the annoyed student.

"now simon, i want you to know that vandalism has no tolerance in our university and what you were doing tonight could lead to your expulsion." ian's voice is stern as he stares at simon who stares right back, gaze unwavering. "but as this was your first time doing it, thus why you will be excused."

the tall boy smirks in his seat, eyes piercing through the older man's coffee coloured orbs.

"okay, sir." he says, his tone teasing almost. he can hear josh cough from where he stands which causes the counselor to avert his attention to him.

"as for you joshua, i am pleased with you catching this culprit and will be re-considering your suspension." from the corner of his eye, simon notices the latter student visibly relax.

"thank you, sir!" he exclaims happily, causing the counselor to nod in acknowledgement.

"now i will be leaving since it's been a long day, you two are dismissed." he turns to grab his briefcase and move towards the door. "also josh, can you help untie mr.minter?"