Chapter One

Richie fucking hates frat parties.

He also fucking hates being in public settings to begin with. And  clowns. But that's besides the point.

But yet here he was, holding a hard lemonade in one hand, and his drunk best friend Bill's other hand, who was staring at his crush/other friend across the room.

"Why is S-s-Stan so b-b-beautiful?"

Richie gags, letting go of his hand and sipping his drink, "please let me know if in advance if you decide to bring him home."

Before Bill could reply, Stan was standing in front of them with a water bottle in his hand.

His eyes immediately go to Bill, "What's up guys?"

For a few minutes the two have a conversation (meaning Bill and Stan flirt while Richie makes your mom jokes). Until Richie looks over his shoulder and sees a shorter boy walk by the jungle juice.

And he was so damn beautiful.

The boy had hazel Brown hair and matching eyes that shine like diamonds. He's probably about 5'5, wearing tan cargo shorts that ran to his knees and a The 1975 t-shirt. He was smiling and talking with a girl with short red hair while she smoked a cigarette.

Richie feels a lump in his throat as he licks his lips. He'd been listening to Bill talk about Stan since they were all fourteen and he never understood it. But now, now he saw it.

"Rich, are you okay?"

The raven haired boy turned to look at the flirting pair and gave a weak smile.

"I will be. Be right back, I need to-"

He was interrupted by a gasp coming from his own throat. He sees his mystery boy kiss Henry Bowers, a senior from their schools football team.

This is why Richie gave up on love by his junior year of high school.

Bill sighs, "That's Eddie, he's in the same design class as me. Maybe others too."

"Maybe they aren't dating?" Stan says with a crack in his voice.

Richie just rolls his eyes, "Whatever, I'm gonna go for a shot. See you guys later."

He lets his feet bring him into the same room as the girl with firey hair, who was now holding a joint in between her left index and middle fingers.

"Hey kid," she giggled and takes a puff, "wanna hit?"

He hadn't smoked since high school, he had quit when Bill begged him to after he started ditching classes for a quick high. But, it was a party, why not?

So, he walks over, nods, and puts the rolled paper between his lips. As he breaths out, he lets out a small cough.

"So, I'm Beverly," the girl says, taking a drag. "I saw you glancing at my friend earlier."

Richie sighs, "Yeah, uhm...Eddie right?" He takes a hit. "He looks familiar."

Beverly doesn't say anything, just sips on a beer.

"Was that his boyfriend?"

She smirks, "Yeah, a few months now. But he's a dipshit, so you have a chance."

Richie coughed again, "I, uh-"

"Are you bi then?"

"Yes, yes I am, Beverly."

After talking and joking for about fifteen minutes, Beverly claimed to have left her phone upstairs, and asked Richie for her help.

Instead of finding the phone, however, Beverly was pressed against the hallway wall by Richie's lips, both of them barely breathing.