Author's Note

Welcome to The Definition of Fate, the second book in The Definition series. If The Definition of Time left you wondering what would happen to Rachel and Josh, this story has the answers! Though this is the second book in a series, it's a standalone novel. I hope you enjoy the story of what happens when Josh and Rachel find each other again after four years part.

-- summary --

"I want you and you want me. Nothing else matters."

Four years ago, Rachel Evans was destroyed by the only boy she ever loved. Ever since then, she has tried to rebuild her life, but when her safety net--her boyfriend, job, friends, and family--disintegrates, she knows it's time to start over and stop living in the shadow of the past.

When a friend helps her find a new job, Rachel moves to a new city and restarts her life with a new perspective. However, her second chance is interrupted by the one person she never expected to see again: Josh Hunter, her first and only love, who she hasn't seen since they broke up. Fate seems intent on bringing the two of them together again, but Rachel doesn't know if she can trust Josh. Is this a new beginning or a final chance for closure? Can they learn to step beyond their past into the future?

 Is this a new beginning or a final chance for closure? Can they learn to step beyond their past into the future?