Replacing L

The park was dark and empty. He moved rapidly through the shadowed trees. The moon that hung in the ink black sky was merely a sliver. It’s brilliant light casting a soft glow against the green of the park. The young night had only, a few stars hanging within the darkness. His death god eyes pierced the sky, trained on the moon. His heart pounded in his throat. Tonight was the night he had been waiting for, for a very long time. Tonight, he would meet his god.

Kami, god… Kira. A man, just as he, himself was, but this man was different. Special. He stood for justice, he has discovered, and the only punishment human kind seems to understand. Death. Kira, God, he is what the world needs. He moved quickly around a tree to see a young man sitting on a bench. His arms draped over the back of it. One leg crossed over another. Was it he?

Thanks to Kira’s spokeswomen, this meeting was made possible. He paused, the red tinted world reviled its secret, he could see this man’s name, but not his life span, "God…" He smiled the moon’s light shining off his square glasses. "Light…Yagami…what a beautiful name…"

Slowly, he approached what he believed was his god. The man had short, dark tan hair, somewhat a mess. His sharp amber eyes gazed into the sky. Slender and tall, beautiful he stepped into the moonlight, "Kami?" He asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"Light didn’t turn his eyes from the slowly darkening sky, "Teru Mikami, I have been waiting for you."

Mikami smiled, "God…" he feel to his knees, "I am at your service."

At last, Light moved his cold eyes from the stars and down to Mikami, "That is good to know," He sneered down at the kneeling man.

* * * *

His heartbeat seemed so loud it seemed as if every beat banged against his ribcage. His hands shook so much that the tea cup he offered Light, clicked and clanked on the saucer. He couldn’t believe Light had actually agreed to come to Mikami’s home, and there he sat, just across from him. Cool, collected. He seemed flawless, smooth. Mikami’s eyes fallowed Light’s hand as he reached for his cup. Mikami wasn’t what to say as Light lifted the cup to his lips.

Mikami waited in silence, nearly afraid to breathe. Finally just as he was about to speak, Light’s voice filed the room, "you are doing well, very well. Your way of thinking is more closely parallel to my own. My last stand in wasn’t quite what I need." He sipped his tea again.

Mikami swallowed hard, "Thank you, Kia, I must admit the second Kia was not as smooth as he could have been."

Light smiled as he set his empty cup back on the table. "Her name was Misa loyal as she may be, she was a fool blinded by emotions."

"But, Kira is emotions not at the center of all we do?"

Light finally gave Mikami eye contact. "You have the eyes don’t you?"

Startled by the abrupt subject change, he hesitated, but a smile spread across his face, "Oh, yes, Kami. I was more than happy to sacrifice half my lifer span." Mikami let his eyes drop into his own hands, blushing, he replied, "For you, Kira, I would do it again."’’

"Then you know my name, and would prefer if you would call me such."

"Huh?" Mikami snapped his attention back to light.

Mikami attempted to push away all the emotions and odd feelings he felt god was right, he told himself, if I call him pet names for too long, I may forget to connect myself. "Forgive me Light."

Light heaved a heavy sigh, "You are far easier to talk to then Misa."

Mikami remained silent, he didn’t want to upset Light, anger him in any way. Finally, he replied, "Light, why did you insist on meeting me? It doesn’t seem necessary."