Hold My Hand In The Rain

Ragini's POV:
"Laksh...Laksh...Where have you got me now...and its so dark here, what is this and where are you Laksh?" I tried moving around that dark place where Laksh got me moving my hands in front of me in the dark so as to not hit something, I tried hard to remove the cloth on my eyes...I couldn't.
"Ragini, I am here only, don't worry, I have a surprise for you..." I heard a pleasant happy voice of Laksh from behind...I was confused, was it some tape-recorder playing because I could not spot him anywhere with my hands.

" Ragini, stop your assumptions...I am here only, no Tape recorder..." I could hear him giggling.
"Laksh...You know, you are mad...You woke me up at 12 in the night, tied a cloth on my eyes and got me somewhere in your car...atleast tell me where we are..." I said turning to the side from where I heard the voice.
" And you , you are double mad you know...You know I got you here , still you thought I played a tape recorder..." I could still hear him giggling...I laughed at myself, was this guy a mind reader or could he read only my mind?
" Laksh...but why are we here and...and can you please tell me where are we?"I questioned still laughing.
"That, you'll get to know after you do as I say..." Laksh almost hugged me from behind...Oh God...was he behind me...This cloth...I am not able to see anything. As I felt his arms making a circle round my belly...I could feel his arms touching mine... He pulled me close, gently rubbing my arm. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of my body pressed against his.
" So...wha...what I have to D...do??" I questioned stammering...he made me go week in my knees though it wasn't always so but now...things have changed, situations have changed, I remembered the time we were best friends, yes we were childhood friends, Best wale...I have full account of everything he did from childhood, wrong or right...The number of girlfriends he had, the number of times he did something hiding from Papa and Mumma...I mean Durgaprasad Uncle and Annapurna Aunty..everything...What? You want to know those...Sorry...I can't share because he knows all such stuff about me too na...aur waise bhi...How can I ditch him in friendship? I am already doing so in Love.

" Ok, I am removing the cloth on your eyes and here's a packet kept for you in this room, I am going out, change your dress and come in the car outside...don't dare search for where you are...today's my day...It's my birthday na..."Laksh said in a go as he left me from behind and came in front, I took a deep breath...Laksh.
" You liar, today's not your birthday...I know it's on 1st August..." I said as he was removing the cloth.

" And whats today Ragu?" He questioned as I faced him now...he had removed the cloth.
"1st August..."I hit my head saying the word while I looked at him tensed...he's gonna get angry for sure.
He stared at me angrily...then suddenly giggled, "Everything Maaf today but only if you quickly get ready and come out..." He ran out, I took a deep breath and then moved my eyeballs round the place...it was a room...rather a hotel room; its cleanliness told me that.
" Ragu , don't take ages..." I heard him shout from outside while I hit my head. I moved my eyes towards the bed and to the open packet kept there, it had a suit, rather Anarkali one, I could guess it easily at one glance, it was yellow in colour with silver work at many places, A smiled climbed up my lips automatically as I picked it up to open it, I opened the cover and took it out, A deeper glance at it made me see its silver borders which made the already beautiful suit have a much better finishing...the silver on it shined like stones ready to ignite anything around them with light.
"Beautiful...when did my Lucky started having such an amazing fashion sense..." I had this strange habit of talking to myself, crazy me.
"Rag..." I ran inside the washroom before I could hear him complete.
Dressing up in the Anarkali I came out adjusting the Dupatta on my neck in the way I liked it , round my neck. Standing in front of the full sized mirror in the room, I looked at myself to see if everything was perfect, then realizing the incompleteness in the look , I looked at the gold Jhumkas I was wearing, they didn't go well with the dress, I removed them and as I lowered my eyes to place them on the table, I found a box with glass lid , two Silver earning shinning from within.