Broken Strings (One Shot English)

not expecting that everyone will read this. I'm just proud of this one. Ako at ang kaibigan kong writer din ang nagsulat nito. Collaboration namin. Almost 3 years ago. This is written in English kasi for international readers yan eh. Hehe~ Si Wifey Lea (nine_princess of Winglin.net) ang co-writer ko dito. Ayun lang. Payo ko.. english 'to. Kakaani ang english kaya magtabi ng tissue.. XD Broken Strings

A boy who had been living in the past and holding unto it.

A girl who thought she already moved on.

Just like that, a boy and a girl.

They had a past.

It was irreplaceable that no one can shatter away.

The boy never loved any other girl except her.

The girl married a person, she never even loved.

Homecoming.

That’s where their paths cross once more.

Homecoming. It will be really a homecoming for me. I lived in America for almost 5 years where I chose to be a wife and a mother. Yes, I am married to my loving husband, Wilber, and a mother to my 3 years old son. I am back now for the reason that it’s homecoming in the school where I graduated college.

“Wil, I am so happy that I will meet my friends again. It had been 5 years already. I just want to thank you for allowing me to attend the homecoming. THANK YOU!” I gave him a hug and we walk to the entrance of the hall.

I saw my former classmates and friends and had a chat with them. I never thought of this happening again. I introduced Wilber to them and we were like all wild, telling stories of what happened to us after graduation.

Very common. The world is so small and things may be common in places. I saw the oak tree near the hall. It brings back memories.

Flash Back I

I was having my lunch when someone covered my eyes. I knew it was him, Aaron.

“Hey, Hebe! Why are you eating your lunch alone? Where’s your best friend?” He asked as he joined with my lunch.

“Selina’s with the teacher. She’s giving her extraordinary-paper-writing again. I believe she’ll be the one representing our school in journalism contest.” I said.

“Can you go with me after lunch? I have something to tell you.” He smiled as he took the last sushi I have on my plate.

“Hey! That’s mine! Give it back to me!” But it’s too late. He already swallowed it. See, how arrogant my best friend is?! Good thing I have another best friend, Selina.

.

.

.

Before I knew it, we were walking towards the old oak tree. I really like the stories of love, which is usually told by our teacher, which happened under the oak tree. It’s like the witness of all lovers in our school. I just wish mine will be here also.