27.

27.

Two days had gone by and I hadn't gotten better, in fact, it seemed as if I was just getting worse. I didn't have high hopes for Nick texting me or even ringing me, but I had tried and I felt a little less hopeful everytime he ignored it.

I had had my fair share of boys in the past but no one quite like Nick. I hadn't ever felt like this before. The things I felt for Nick were so strong, so real, now he's gone all those feelings felt just as strong. I wanted him back with me, I needed him and he knew it.

I still didn't know why he left. He said he loved me, he said he didn't want to leave but he had to. Why? Why did he have to go? For university? I knew it was his dream but I'd have gone along to support him in anything he did. Maybe he just didn't love me anymore, I guess that was okay.

My heart didn't feel okay, though.

Someone needed to come and pick up the pieces.

I hadn't eaten much these last few days. I'm sure I was losing weight and it took so much effort trying to get out of bed every morning. Dad still had the shop shut and I was grateful, I couldn't work feeling the way I did. I could barely walk without shaking on the pads of my feet.

Love really took a toll on you and a part of me regretted ever falling in love with him. I should have known this was never going to work. He was a playboy, a ladies man and I guess a leapord never changed it's spots.

I shook my head. I couldn't think like this. I loved the man so much, I knew I couldn't continue like this. He obviously wasn't going to come back to me so I needed to move on.

But even the thought of doing so took the breath out of my lungs. I didn't want to move on, I didn't want to be without him full stop.

"Cathy?" My dad's voice came out from behind my bedroom door. I laid in bed and as I stared at the ceiling, I willed my tears to stop. I was going to run out of them.

"Yeah?" I croaked back. I heard him sigh.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure." My voice was small but he heard me nonetheless. The door creaked open moments later and he hesitantly walked in to the room, a look of apprehension on his face. His comical stare was laughable, I just didn't have it in me to laugh.

My father sat at the end of my bed and looked to me, his face one of guilt and one that seemed out of its depths. He didn't know what to do with a broken hearted girl and I was right there with him. What could you do when your heart felt in two?

"You haven't eaten for days." He stated. "And you've barely gotten out of bed." I nodded my head but I knew my stare was vacant.

Glenn sighed again.

"I will literally call the doctors if you don't start improving. This isn't healthy, love, not one bit."

"I know." I breathed. "I can't help it." I wanted to go back to my normal self and I knew one day I would. I had gotten out of this state before and I knew I could do it again, but this time it felt a whole lot different. It was easier to get rid of someone hurtful than to bring back someone who doesn't love you anymore.

He said he did but the more he goes, the less I believe him.

"You can't give up on him yet, Cathy, you know that don't you?"