chapter one

"genesis, don't ignore me." henry bowers, the bully of darry high school, called out from behind the poor, helpless girl. she had tried her best to ignore him all day, but things have only gotten worse. she knew it was only a matter of time before henry and his gang did something to her, something horrible. she sighed, walking a bit faster through the crowded hall way. she had finally made it outside the school doors.

"did you not hear me?" he asked, grabbing her by her backpack and pulling her back towards himself. he turned her around and held a tight grip on her arm. she breathed heavily, scared to death. "why were you ignoring me?" she closed her eyes tight, and looked away from him. his crew just stood behind him and laughed.

"l-let her go." bill denbrough said, dropping his bike onto the grass, just as his other friends did. henry looked to the side of him, still holding gen by her arm. 

"w-w-what was that, b-b-bill?" he asked, earning a few laughs from his friends. 

"bill, don't." richie tozier whispered to his friend. bill didn't listen, though. he and eddie kaspbrak had already built up enough courage to stand up to henry and they weren't gonna let anything stop them.

"let me go." she told henry. he turned his head back to her and laughed. she winced in pain as his grip got tighter. his laughter soon faded as both him, and genesis fell to the floor.

"we told you to let her go." eddie said, offering the poor girl his hand. she gave him a slight smile and grabbed the small boys hand. by now, richie was laughing. he laughed so hard that tears were forming in his eyes.

"let's go." henry said, getting up from the floor. "we have all summer to get these losers." his gang walked behind him as they all pushed pass bill and the others. 

"thank you." she told the boys. "what're your names again?" she brushed the dust off her shirt and pants.

"i'm eddie, that's bill and richie." the boy who had knocked henry to the floor and helped gen up introduced, pointing to each of the boys as he said their names. she smiled at him. "and we've never done anything like that anymore."

"really? why not?" she asked, but yet she already knew the answer. 

henry bowers and his gang had a few kids he loved to pick on for whatever reasons he had. although, he didn't do it when his father was around. his father was the sheriff and he was pretty hard on his son all of the time, which is probably why henry took it out on the kids he called losers. besides bill, eddie, richie, and genesis, a few other kids who went by the names of beverly marsh, stanley uris, ben hanscom, and mike hanlon were picked on by henry for whatever reasons he had to hate them.

bill was the leader of the group. he was very shy at times and had a bad stutter, which had only gotten worse since he lost his little brother, georgie. instead of being there for him at such a tragic time, his parents let him think it was his fault. whenever he tried to explain things to his parents, his mother always ran away crying whie his father screamed at him for bringing something like that up.

richie, also known as trash mouth, was the one who acted tough. he acted as if he was alright when something bad would happen to him. though, he said a lot of bad words which earned him his nickname trashmouth. he never really talked about his parents or his home life, but he was always there to make someone laugh when they were feeling down . . . or make them feel uncomfortable by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.