Think about that

I went to him just as the game ended. My triumphant team scoring another victory just by the skin of their teeth.

He held me in his arms, kissed my cheek and squeezed me as tight as possible. I was happy to see him. I missed him and knew that he would be here to take care of me when I got home. After seeing my mum however I found myself questioning a lot of feelings. I felt a sense of excitement with Jack, but never a tingly or sick feeling like how Mum described how she felt around Dad. Their love was like nothing I had ever seen before; they adored each other, they made fun of each other, especially, but every day my father would look at Mum as if he was looking at her for the first time. It was stunning.

I didn't talk much with Jack, I felt awkward suddenly and suggest we have a study date tomorrow as finals where coming up after Christmas. With his agreement, I went off quickly to find my gathering, my stomach churning again. I wasn't suddenly no longer attracted to Jack, I mean look at him! He's unbelievably sexy and genuine. Girls would die for someone like that but I felt weird around him and it wasn't something I was expecting to feel all of a sudden.

I missed the big excitement of my teams partying on the field and made my way back to my common room, having not going there since my arrival home. I thought about Dad and how I really wanted him to meet Sirius, catching myself crying momentarily. Small burst came naturally from the mourning stage but with in a few moments I composed myself and retreated to my home away from home; the worlds comfiest sofa!

"Hello dear!" The fat lady sang. I smiled and recited the password, glad to be entering without the nonsense of her wanting to me to hear her ghastly singing. I stood by the coat hanger, taking my off my thick coat and was surprised to see in front of me a shirtless James Potter and Sirius Black dancing around, still in Quidditch uniform, in front of the fire chanting and singing, no doubt entertaining everyone around them.

"I still don't like that tattoo, you know!" I called out, shaking my head as I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed, shivering slightly from the cold draft by the portrait door.
The dancing stopped and everyone placed their eyes upon myself, confusion or wild excitement babbling amongst them. Sirius pushed his way through he crowd and grinned at me, his arms out stretched.

"Bollocks!" He retorted, sweeping me up and into a tight hug. Our first real interaction as friends in front of our peers and strangers. I was very aware of how naked his top half was, how stunningly attractive he was and how my stomach fluttered... not churned. There was a strong difference and it was one that had me at a strong conflicting judgment.

"Don't leave again please" he whispered in my ear before putting me down and grabbing my hand before pulling back through the crowd and gently throwing me down onto the couch beside Marlene and Lily before joining James again in his little dance.

"He hasn't shut up about you" the unexpected voice of Marlene startled me slightly followed by her hand, taking mine in her small warm one. Lily took mine as well, her twinkling eyes fixed on Potter. She's so in love bless her.
"I know it's a bad place, bad timing and because of a sad circumstance but I was very wrong. You were right in that I needed to stop acting crazy... thats boys for you. Can't live with them, can't with live with out them. But anyway, what I'm saying is that I'm sorry for how I've behaved towards you, especially giving what you've been dealing with. Honestly, my mother passing is what started it for me. Seeing the affect of it from an outside perspective has snapped me back out of it." She squeezed my hand. It was alien seeing Marlene so human, so... normal. It was actually nice. I didn't say a word, I merely nodded and squeezed her hand back. She understood me in a way I never thought we'd connect over but there it was!

I watched the boys make a fool of themselves, my eyes glazing over slightly. Before I knew it, the common room cleared up, I was curled up asleep and my cheeks were stained and slightly crusty from what must of been tears. I wasn't alone. I felt an arm over my shoulder, their side propping me up. I sighed and woke up a little more, my blurred eyes staring at the warm fire heating up the cold winter night.

"I really wished I could have come with you. You have no idea how twitchy I was not seeing you during the week. It's like a routine for me!" He mumbled. I let out a low chuckle at his words.

"It used to be routine to see your face at once a day. Now it's spending time with you anytime possible. Oh how we've progressed." I sat up and caught myself in a predicament; our faces were very close, neither of us moving away. It was like we were daring each other but for what exactly.

"That Baker fella. He seems too put together" he was very factual in his words and had still yet to have moved. I scrunched my eyebrows together, frowning.

"Oh well! It's not your problem" I defended my boyfriend, strangely not believing what I was saying.

"You don't feel right about him do you? You haven't even said I love you back to him!" He laughed, his eyes daring and his face moving closer.
I moved away quickly and yet we were still very close to each other.

"They seemed to be fine with us. Everyone seemed normal... that's good... I wonder if your brother has heard, or Bellatrix.... what about Narsissa.." I babbled on, changing the subject. He smacked his large giant hand over my mouth, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Maxine Francis Green." He mumbled. Hearing my full name fall from his plump dangerous lips had my heart doing backflips. This wasn't right. I shouldn't be thinking of my best friend this way. Yes, at the beginning year, I was falling for him but I'm in a relationship... I can't do this!

"Will you stop avoiding the subject. You don't love him. I know you. I know when you like someone. It's not hard to see; you get all twinkly eyed, you grin like an idiot and babble on for England.... you behave... you behave like that around me" his voice was low and slightly husky. How dare he. What makes him so confident to assume I loved him that way. Damn him and his fat ego. I yanked his hand away from my lips and pushed him.

"Sirius, I'm not some fucking game! I'm with Jack. You don't like me that way and I don't like you that way..." I huffed, gobsmacked that he was talking this way given the things I was suffering through. He hung his head slightly and shook it. His hands gentle wrapped around my socked foot.

"He may be smart.... but he doesn't know you that way I do. Think about that." He sighed, leaning forward and pressed his lips against my forehead before taking off through the portrait.

Where's he going! It's past curfew!