higher or lower - oneshot

i was gone for a minute but i'm back nowww
first of all, please forgive me for any grammatical errors bc english is not my first language! that's it, hope you enjoy :)

|-/

josh felt immensely happy. he smiled as he entered the van, shooting a glance at his best friend who was also grinning. tyler looked back at him in silence, sweat still dripping off his forehead, adrenaline still pumping in their veins.

that was a hell of a show.

the van made its way back to the hotel where josh, tyler, brad and mark were staying the night. the boys chatted vigorously through the 10 minute drive until they were parking and all of them got out to the chilling november air.

"let's go register, i'm freezing." tyler told everyone, feeling the cold seeping through his bones. he was wearing a thin, plain black t-shirt and jeans.

the boys entered the hotel to get the keys and booked two rooms, both of them in the same floor. tyler and josh decided to sleep in the same room. they climbed the stairs still talking about the show.

"there's only one bed though." tyler said as soon as he walked through the door and turned the lights on. josh shrugged, clutching his backpack's strap.

"you know i'll sleep in the floor if you want to."

"yeah jish i know you would. but come on, don't be silly." tyler smiled showing his teeth, and josh loved when he did that. josh loved tyler.

"ok, i'm gonna go shower now." said josh. tyler murmured something while opening the mini fridge.

"wow, there's a lot of alcohol in here."

"no water?" josh frowned, taking his shirt off.

"yup. found it." tyler threw one bottle in josh's direction, who caught it midway. he took a sip of the cold drink and made his way to the bathroom, leaving the bottle in the nightstand.

josh got into the shower cubicle and took off the rest of his clothes, letting his body relax under the hot water spray. after nearly 20 minutes he stepped off, feeling clean and refreshed. he put on a pair of boxes and his pajama pants, exiting the bathroom right after.

tyler was laying in the bed and threw him an annoyed look.

"do you want a towel?" he asked in a mocking tone.

"what? no thanks. i'm all dry."

he definitely wasn't.

"did you already shower?" josh asked as he noticed tyler's damp hair and that he was wearing another pair of pants.

"yeah, you were taking too long so i just went to the boys' bathroom."

"oh sorry man."

"that's ok." tyler said while taking a sip of beer and looking at the tv. some basketball game was on. josh went to the mini fridge and grabbed himself a can, sitting beside tyler.

"aren't you tired?" the pink haired boy asked. the fact that tyler could spend one hour screaming into a microphone and don't fall asleep as soon as they got into their van was in fact astonishing.

"i don't know, i think i'm too euphoric to fall asleep." the brunette smiled.

"yeah, me too. you were so great, by the way." josh couldn't stop thinking about how tyler would play the piano and his feelings seemed to show through the melody, and how he would say that josh looked beautiful behind the drumset, and how he praised him after every performance. he couldn't stop thinking about how proud of him he was.