Judged, Dead, and Insane

So I might as well write it down...

I had a dream last night. A crazy dream(names have been disguised):

Eric was his name. He was a confident boy. Open minded. Loving to live and living to love.

My friends, Jessica, Justin, and I personally loved him as a person.

But here’s the thing. Eric was gay. Nobody knew. No one. Not even me. One day he decided to tell us.

”Hey you guys” said Eric as he walked into my house with everyone there.

”What did you want to talk to us about?” We asked.

”Well. I’m going to come out and say it. I’ve been hiding inside for so long. Nobody knows. I’m only telling you guys because I trust you.

”Well what is it?” Asked Jessica

Justin and I nodded our heads in agreement.

”Well. By hiding I mean by hiding in the closet.... I’m gay. And this guy, victor, he is my partner.”

We all looked at him in shock. But Jessica and Justin started cracking up after staring at Eric.

Eric got a tear in his eye and walked out and drove away.

They stopped laughing. We all just started at each other.

”C’mon you guys he trusted us.”

”Yea I guess” said Justin.

Days passed. We haven’t heard a word from Eric. We were worried. We tried apologizing but he never responded to us.

Suddenly we got a call from his mother. She was saying that he had killed himself. We were all in shock.

His body was found dead in an abandoned recreation center drowned in the polluted swimming pool next to his partner victor.

We all attended his funeral and cried. We were devastated for days and days. Our lives were changed. Even though I wasn’t the one laughing... I felt like I should’ve said something.

Years past. We moved on with our lives.

I was around 20 years old. I still had that extra baggage from him but was able to manage through life and be happy.

I was still friends with Justin and Jessica.

We decided to go to Justin’s house to hang out and just goof off for fun.

Jessica and I were in Justin’s room laying down and talking. We quickly got bored so we decided to go to the park until midnight. Time was going by fast...

All of a sudden we hear a thump. A loud thump. It scared us badly. Justin came back in the room

”I heard screaming. You guys okay?”

We were both still in shock and just nodded our heads. But he could tell we were lying.

We heard the thump again. This time we all got scared.

We heard voices.

”Come. Come... ”

we stumbled.

”Who is that?! Who’s messing with us?”

It was the voice of Eric. We quickly recognized it.

We were in dead silence and were all wondering and listening for more for a few seconds

”Did you jus-” asked Jessica

”come to me. We have unfinished business.”

”and what if we don’t” I said bravely