My Greatest Counterpart

*****

Five years ago

*****

I tap my foot while waiting for the love of my life to come, cotton candies in hand.

We decided to visit this carnival days ago, to her request. And of course I couldn't say no. Not only because she was too cute for me to resist to, but also because her 'long-time-no-see' best friend, Amina, was also coming into town from Alola.

I smiled to myself at her reaction when she called to tell her she was coming today. She was squealing like a chingling and was non-stop jumping around the whole house as if she was a kicked cleffa.

"Zaaayne!"

I chuckled. Speak of the angel.

I look at her, who was grinning like a maniac- scratch that, a shiny and beautiful ninetales maniac at the entrance of the carnival. She had her silver fur sticking out at all directions- probably because of running- and had some twigs and leaves stuck in it. "She's here! Amina's actually here!"

I walk to her and start to fix her silver mane atop her head, careful not to put any sticky cotton candy on it. "I guess so."

I look around, noticing no one is with her. "Where is she then?"

She giggles. "We promised to meet up here. I guess we just have to wait for her."

I hum in response and pluck out the last leaf out of her fur.

She nudges me lovingly with a smile. "Thanks."

I chuckle and kiss the top of her head. "Welcome, dear."

"AAAWWWWW!!!!!!"

We both turn around to find an Alolan ninetales, smiling at the both of us sweetly.

Fiery immediately gets out from my embrace and tackles her. "Amina! Your finally here! Hey! You finally evolved! Now we're both ninetales!"

Amina giggles in response and hugs her back. "No shit, Sherlock."

I roll my eyes at their childishness and chuckle at the small reunion of theirs.

"Hey Fiery, its been five years hasn't it?" Amina questions, and we started to go back inside the carnival.

"Yep!" She replies with that smile of hers.

"Man, you guys are so old." I joke and they give me a slap with their tails. "Just kidding, just kidding."

Fiery sighs dreamily. "Oh Zayne, remember when-"

She suddenly stops walking. I walk near her, confused. "Fiery, why did we stop-"

She cuts me off by tackling me. "Can we ride the ferris wheel? Please?"

I chuckle. "Sure."

"Yes! Ferris wheel!"

I chuckle. "Go and save us a spot. The line's getting pretty long."

She giggles and takes off for the ticket booth.

Amina shrugs. "Oh Fiery. You never change."

*****

We enter the ferris wheel car. I sat beside Fiery and Amina was sitting at the other side.

Amina pouts. "Its been a long time since I've hanged out with you Fiery. And now that we have, you decided to bring your boyfie."

"I know. He's the best that I could ever wish for." She looks out the window. "Hey Zayne, look. The sunset looks so beautiful."