prologue

sometimes it ends unexpectedly. no warnings, no signs. one moment, it's perfect, and the next you're wondering how you could ever use such a word to describe what has ended.

sometimes, it was obvious from the start. and yet, you carried on, sneaking around corners and going to places you've never been just to be out — together.

but when it falls, when it all comes crashing down in a messy end, it still hurts. it is heartache, and it can't be escaped. and now you're standing wearily at the edge eighteen, hoping chance is working in your favor. hoping believing in signs isn't ridiculous.

for now, though, you lose yourself in the past. it may of been painted with lies, like second nature, with a hand that was constantly back and forth. it may not have been ideal, but when it was good, it was so good. so pure and real.

it was everything.

i'm having trouble figuring out how to say goodbye.

welcome back!! (this was a completely new story on my account but i meant to post it here and for some reason i didn't? anywho)

so, just f w i, this is not a fanfic anymore but as of right now, two characters are named "luke" & "calum" and their faceclaims are luke hemmings and calum hood but this is not a fanfic because the characters have different last names than their faceclaims.

anyway, i am very excited to be writing younger again. this time, actually thought through, with an actual plot. woo!